• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TNC Complete dosing

Don't get to fixated on the nitrate levels alone. The idea of large back to back water changes is to remove build ups of anything that's accumulating in the water column, including any organic waste.
Yeah i will try to focus on the plant health here now that i've reduced the TNC Complete, i will likely do a double 40-50% WC this week do reset those elevated nitrates though so its reset alittle

Well surface agitation isn't a bad thing, ensuring adequate levels of oxygen are maintained in the tank requires water movement to circulate from the surface and to the lower levels of the tank, we often call this effective gaseous exchange.
The main concern also was the floating plants getting battered, but i will likely make something to hold them in the corners because i ran the skimmer earlier before the lights on and it removed the film just fine but the floating plants were being consumed, the neo flow skimmer might be more tame though if i can install it this weekend

Do you know what the degassed tank water ph is? Ie remove some water from the tank and leave it in a glass for 24hrs, then check the ph.
I don't but i saw this yesterday and i took a skoop out of the tank and i'll test it this evening as it would have been sitting for 24 hours then so i can report back :)

Hi all,

What does the <"floating plant look like">? Because it has access to <"atmospheric CO2 (and first dibs on the light)"> any deficiency symptoms will be mineral nutrient (fertiliser) related. <"Global Monitoring Laboratory - Carbon Cycle Greenhouse Gases">

Have a look at <"What is the “Duckweed Index” all about?">, it is quite a long thread, but should cover all the bits of interest.

All floating plants fulfill this same role, the major advantage of <"Amazon Frogbit"> (Hydrocharis (Limnobium) laevigata) is <"its green leaf">.

cheers Darrel
Hey Darrel, I only added these a week ago from an in-vitro pot so I don't expect them to look too great just yet although I will attach a picture for you of them. There does seem to be new shoots on a few of them which looks positive atleast 🤞

Even though I know floating plants are a huge help with a tank, I actually got them to cover the surface alittle as my cardinals are very skittish and hide alot of the time but are out and about when the lights are off, but they might not help them come out but atleast it will help the tank 🙂

I will give those treads linked a read thank you!
View attachment 1000015906.jpg

That is a nice boulder! (also plants looking lovely :) )
Haah thanks! I got a few decent rocks and had the intention of using more than just 3, but as I was planting them there just wouldn't have been enough room for plants, so the plants won 😅 The rock itself is Frodo stone if I'm not mistaken

Hi all! I just wanted to provide an update on the tank along with a few questions if anyone has any guidance 👌

So after the suggestion to drop the TNC Complete to 3.9ml daily with a 50%+ weekly water change I have noticed that the Rotala has bounced back wonderfully, leaves aren't going transparent on it and it's growing much faster.

I have noticed that I seem to have more GSA although I'm not too concerned about it although would be nice to have less, but the main concern is some of the Monte Carlo leaves seem to be transparent, although it seems the Monte Carlo has been growing much faster recently also (needs a good trim back this week) I'm not sure if the transparency is due to a liquid or Co2 related issues, I will attach some pictures to show that:

PXL_20240330_192515603.jpg
PXL_20240326_173243375.MP.jpg

The other issue is that the BBA seems to be growing pretty strong, this was an issue before dropping the TNC dose to 3.9ml although spot dosing with the Excel does kill it back, but it ends up coming back pretty quickly thereafter:

PXL_20240330_192413403.jpg

Thank you for all the help overall!

Back