• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

To DOOA Neo or not to DOOA Neo

Great ideas, if you have any to hand would love to see some inspo images.
Will ping you a photo later in the week 🙂

EDIT: to actually reply to the main question, I have 10 l and 20 l Dennerle cubes, and am currently running both very happily with just an internal filter and a light. That’s pretty low faff - the little one stays at work.

Definitely go for it. If budget is a consideration, due to having a baby on the way, All Pond Solutions do a 30cm low iron cube for £45.00. May not be perfect silicon though. Even just a large planted vase or bowl, although less "scapable" you can grow something emersed. I tried an Ikea vase, although a very impractical shape and no scaping involved. No filter, just a couple of Trumpet snails. Small amount of soil covered in fairly deep sand. Got zero algae in it.

View attachment 186549
I’m selling one in the for sale section for £40. It’s NACD, really nice quality ;)

I've 25cm cube (£21) and 30cm cube (£27) from Amazon. Glass is optiwhite, silicon is neat link
Think I’ll be helping myself to a little 20cm version, I’m intrigued to see the quality.
I’m not hopeful that it’s anywhere near ADA or DOOA, but if it’s neat enough then I’ll be happy.

View attachment 186547
Lights currently out and I few a bucephalandra floating that arrived yesterday and I’ve not got round to sorting.
The rock is actually from my reef tank as this was originally a little reef.

Looks really cool, you can do so much in a small space to keep the nature vibes around the workspace - thank you

Definitely go for it. If budget is a consideration, due to having a baby on the way, All Pond Solutions do a 30cm low iron cube for £45.00. May not be perfect silicon though. Even just a large planted vase or bowl, although less "scapable" you can grow something emersed. I tried an Ikea vase, although a very impractical shape and no scaping involved. No filter, just a couple of Trumpet snails. Small amount of soil covered in fairly deep sand. Got zero algae in it.

View attachment 186549
Brilliant idea, I didn't really consider using other items that this could work with like a vase - thank you, its a brilliant idea

Think I’ll be helping myself to a little 20cm version, I’m intrigued to see the quality.
I’m not hopeful that it’s anywhere near ADA or DOOA, but if it’s neat enough then I’ll be happy.
oh, I might have to get this, check out their 20cm air version

If you guys get this, would love to see what you do with them and what you reckon to the quality.

Here’s my 10 litre a few weeks back; everything is on pebbles or bits of wood, with shelves at the back made from some flat bits of dragonstone:
A93A2EB6-798C-447A-A1EA-862BCF2E9B76.jpeg

Back