• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

To fluval owner (or 19/25mm hose owner), CO2 injection

riioKen

Hi guys,

I'm thinking into buying a fluval fx4. Right now I use CO2art 16/22mm inline diffuser. How do you inject CO2 with a 19/25 hose?

Hi guys,

I'm thinking into buying a fluval fx4. Right now I use CO2art 16/22mm inline diffuser. How do you inject CO2 with a 19/25 hose?

An FX2/4/5/6 run a 25mm ID hose. Not 19mm.

I use a pretty standard Cerges reactor.

Not mine, but mine is very similar. Much more efficient than a diffuser.

70827dc3dc1735c7ac5fb5f1db2589be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are these cerges reactors ready made?

No. They require about $70 in components and an hour of your time.

Much better than a diffuser of any variety. I never see any bubbles at all, and I’m running a tank at 6.1pH with 7.3pH tap water. Probably 120 gallons of water. So, I’m using a lot of CO2, but using it effectively.

An FX2/4/5/6 run a 25mm ID hose. Not 19mm.
K, probably the 19/25 is the WC hose?

About reactors, I'm not very into diy, what do you think about this one?

There is a way to customize it, with 19/27 and 25/34 hose.

Doesn’t have any way to control back pressure and bypass.

Won’t be as efficient or effective at dissolving CO2 as a true Cerges.

Also, the fact that they use a fitting designed for a flat face on a convex surface isn't particularly appealing to me.

One thing I've noticed about the American vs European sides of the hobby is that a lot of the European planted tank enthusiasts seem significantly less likely to adopt a DIY solution. No DIY inline heaters, no DIY reactors, etc. All prebuilt stuff. When I watch a George Farmer video, it's one or two Oase filters with a heater in the filter, an inline diffuser, and that's it. Significantly less emphasis on the mechanical side of the hobby.

Then, we have something like this, from a friend an hour north of me here in Colorado.

Last edited:
Back