• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Too many? 200l

krazypara3165

hi, im planning on starting a 200l amazon aquarium. it will be heavily planted with free swimming space at the front and will be overfiltered with a 2000lph external filter.

the fish im planning are

2 discus
2-3 schools of tetra 6-10 per school
2 pairs of dwarf rams

anyone reccomend any bottom feeders?

is this too much for a 200l aquarium?

cheers, craig.

Hi Craig, not too much mate, but would be if you added them all at once. You MAY find that two pairs of rams would cause a little ruction, the heavier planted it is the less likely this would be though. Corydoras make good bottom feeders and are entertaining little fellas :)

krazypara3165 said:
cheers! and i would be adding a species every fortnight, maybe leaving it a while at the end to make sure everythings perfect before i add the discus. just had a look into Corydoras, i think 6 of them will be perfect....... just need to narrow it down to a specific type!

Most shops do run of the mill ones like Bronze cories or a species called Corydoras Trilineatus (which most of them are stupidly sold as Corydoras Julii as they are too thick to recognise the difference). But some of the less frequently seen ones are far more appealing (although if you can get TRUE Julii they are lovely too). Something like Adolfoi, or Simili are lovely, but there are hundreds to choose from lol. I used to think Schwartzi were a bit drab but I have six of them in my tank and they are beautiful.

Back