• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

tough carpet

danmil3s

what plant if any would you guys recommend as a tough carpeting plant. seems no mater what i try my pleco digs them up over night i dont want to give up but ive tried hc 3 times glosso hair grass now im on dwarf sword ( Lilaeopsis Novea-Zeelandiae) they just keep getting pulled up ive put loads of sticks round the plant so im hoping that will put him off any other ideas welcome thanks guys

Staurogoyne repens is a tough plant,but to be honest in my opinion you will struggle to grow most plants with a plec in your tank,
regards,
john.

Seconded the staugoyne, Tom Barrs big tank has lots of plec type species in so more or less anything that grows there would be a good idea. E tennelus I found very deep rooting that too might be an option.

thanks guys ill give the Staurogoyne a go next got a pot of hc in at the moment ive put he whole thing in pot and all so i cant see him digging that up not sure if it will route unfortunately moss is out my SEA like eating it to much ill keep trying not giving up yet :)

If you're not emotionally attached to the Pleco and SAE could you not take them to the shop for credit?

ive had them a couple of years dont think i could catch at them with out wrecking the tank anyway ill keep tying i tink once its routed hell be ok just investigating a new plant the first night in this tank he dug the whole think up

Back