• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

tree branches

Maybe, depends on the species. You wont be able to use any parts that have already started rotting though.

What sort of trees are they?

there are a couple of trees near me that are dead and have really nice looking gnarly twisted beaches.

question is can I use them in a set-up or will it not work?
Do a search of the forum (I'd link it but I'm on my phone :)) there is a couple of threads about safe woods to use as long as they are dead rather than cut.

I've no idea on tree species! I will see if I can find link on forum and cheers for the quick replys!
I figured I would need to strip bark off. would it just be a case of soaking it or would I need to do anything else?

I am definitely no expert, but if you can't identify the tree I'd be very careful. Anything with the bark still on might be dodgy as it will still have the green wood underneath, which will have to go through a rot process. Safe is oak heartwood and you'll often find the dry remains of oak branches that died decades before still attached to the tree. It also comes with the benefit of interesting shapes.

Back