• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trigon 190 'Crypt Corner' (PFK featured)

Re: Trigon 190 'Crypt Corner'

I dont understand why corner tanks are tricky to scape. In fact I would go so far as to say that I wish I could have a corner tank but my room shape does not lend itself. Your scape is point in question because this is lovely. And I think the shape of the tank makes the scape much more interesting than many rectangular ones. Maybe its just your skill that makes it look easier than it is though, cos either way, this is a cracking looking tank Mr :)

Gary :thumbup:
Very nice indeed like the layout of this tank.
Those crypts are nice...where did you get them from ;)
They have grown some what. :)
hoggie

hogan53 said:
Gary :thumbup:
Very nice indeed like the layout of this tank.
Those crypts are nice...where did you get them from ;)
They have grown some what. :)
hoggie

Cheers Hoggie, yes the crypts are going great guns! Thanks again for those, you packed them up brilliant too :thumbup:

Looks brilliant. What are the fish in the first photo that are near the surface in a tight wee group? They look really nice.

Cheers

easerthegeezer said:
looks amazing gary, plant health is tip top and the layout works brilliantly for a corner tank.
really very nice.
:thumbup:

Cheers Iain :thumbup: the are responding well so far on the EI mix :thumbup:

ldcgroomer said:
Looks brilliant. What are the fish in the first photo that are near the surface in a tight wee group? They look really nice.

Cheers

Thanks, the fish are marble hatchets, they are mainly a surface dweller and tend to stay in a nice tight group - lovely natural colours too :thumbup:

Antipofish said:
I dont understand why corner tanks are tricky to scape. In fact I would go so far as to say that I wish I could have a corner tank but my room shape does not lend itself. Your scape is point in question because this is lovely. And I think the shape of the tank makes the scape much more interesting than many rectangular ones. Maybe its just your skill that makes it look easier than it is though, cos either way, this is a cracking looking tank Mr :)

PS, you're welcome ;)

Antipofish said:
Antipofish said:

PS, you're welcome ;)

Hi mate, my appolgys :crazy: very sorry for missing your nice comments earlier.... I think it was because i was on a mission to get some new pics uploaded yesterday and the house was a little hectic.

Gary Nelson said:
Antipofish said:
Antipofish said:

PS, you're welcome ;)

Hi mate, my appolgys :crazy: very sorry for missing your nice comments earlier.... I think it was because i was on a mission to get some new pics uploaded yesterday and the house was a little hectic.

8) No worries, just joshin' ya :) The pics (and the tank really are bloomin impressive. Like I said, it makes me wish I could have a Trigon, but as layout would dictate, my room is not suitable.

Re: Trigon 190 'Crypt Corner' (Aquatics live treat)

Here was my treat that I picked up from Aquatics Live... lovely looking bit of kit! :thumbup:

8182675175_6f28b28d43_c.jpg
DSC_0669 by DigitalDream3, on Flickr

8182673903_b02aa0b3af_c.jpg
DSC_0674 by DigitalDream3, on Flickr

Yes it was mate, they were in the glass cabinet, priced at £34.95 with 20% off that day... Plus they threw in the ADA book! can't complain. :thumbup:

Did you get their 20% off coupon to use?

PS, funny you should say this as i wanted one off them posh UKAPS shirts that you had on, but could not find them either :lol:

i'll swap one for a Cal Aqua drop checker! lol (only joking, i <3 my UKAPS T)

I missed them, i saw the DoAqua tools, i must have been that tired.

Gary Nelson said:
Well, I thought I best start my journal that was first started 6 months ago now.... yes another corner tank I hear you say, but I believe I have conquered this one :thumbup: well I think I have anyway.

Gary I just PM'd you then found this journal but would still appreciate your comments in case I don't have the stamina (despite my best intentions) to finish reading the journal tonight ! 8)

I have to say though, with the pic on your first post of this thread, I am now, more than ever, determined to get a Trigon. If its possible to make a tank look THAT GOOD, I want one :thumbup: I am now going to read as much as possible and am pretty excited (in an aquatic sense, lol :lol: )

EDIT: Just finished ! WOW ! I actually did see this thread but obviously was too lazy to read from the start originally. I had, at the time, ruled out a Trigon because of the room layout. As it happens, I have since moved my room around and actually a Trigon is now the best (and most expensive of course) option !

I love the look of them and having read this thread I am now decided ! Better sell some kit to pay for it, LOL.

Thank you for the inspiration Gary. I am looking forward to your pics (and also the ones you said you would do of the skimmer, but I didn't see them so I guess you got distracted or busy with something).

You are using the eheim installation kits I see. With the nozzle to give good flow. I was hoping to use my Cal Aqua lily pipes (I have the F3 Efflux which forces water downwards). Do you think this would be a problem ? I have an Eheim 2078 which is pretty punchy.

Also, has anyone ever piggy backed two filters together into one return, even though they have individual feeds ? I could do that to create more force out of the lily pipe. Ooh, :twisted: I have just had a bad thought. I could even buy a Vortech. I have always wanted an excuse to get one and I think I may have just found it. O God ! I hear the sirens.... the Aquarium Police are gonna get me, LOL.

It's been a while since I updated this as things have been a little hectic!
The moss has had a trim and the tank is still running great (thank god) I am spending just over 1 hour a week on maintenance with the 50% water change - today the filter has had some new 'Purigen' added to keep things nice and clear - I was using carbon and everything seemed fine, but I can't help feeling that the Purigen adds that extra clarity to the water over the carbon.... I guess the next few days will tell me though

Anyway a few photos... (excuse the co2 bubbles)

8319396906_b6d010190d_c.jpg
NMS_0745 by DigitalDream3, on Flickr

8319398752_8583de5c77_c.jpg
DSC_0770 by DigitalDream3, on Flickr

8318343647_a8883f8382_c.jpg
DSC_0765 by DigitalDream3, on Flickr

8319404798_ccec8bca86_c.jpg
DSC_0748 by DigitalDream3, on Flickr

8319402642_d46d5c62b8_c.jpg
DSC_0763 by DigitalDream3, on Flickr

Gary, what's the stunning yellow and black fish in the middle three pictures?

Hi mate, it's a Hillstream Loach, but comes under a few different names as well (Hillstream Loach, Chinese Butterfly Loach, Hong-Kong Pleco, Chinese Sucker)

Back