• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trigon 190 'Crypt Corner' (PFK featured)

One of the best corner tanks I've ever seen. Top notch photography too.

Well done, Gary. Can't wait for the PFK feature! :)

Cheers George :thumbup: I was quite pleased how these photos turned out from my little Nikon 1, trouble is now I think I've got the photography bug! I've been on the net most of the morning looking at the Canon EOS's... Mrs is giving me some strange looks too:rage:

I can't wait to see my tank in PFK, it's like a dream come true to be honest.... Mind you It did cost me in cream cakes for Nathan! :lol:

hey gary, tank is looking fantastic, if you can do that in a corner tank id love to see what you could could do with a regular shape!
I think jessops are doing some great prices on the 600d now the 650d is out, somethingfishy just picked one up... think he said about £450 with kit lense and 0% interest free if that interests you...

Any idea when the PFK article is happening mate?

Hey Gary its looking Awesome mate. Nice work. LOVE the hillstream loach. Are they happier in numbers do you know ?

Agree with everyone else, that loach is a little cracker & a fantastic layout.
Basic question for you, if you don't mind.What flavour Moss is that, and is it tied to a number of stones?

Well done Gary, really good pics mate, and great scape.

if you're looking for an slr, have a look at the 550d, well worth the little extra.

hey gary, tank is looking fantastic, if you can do that in a corner tank id love to see what you could could do with a regular shape!
I think jessops are doing some great prices on the 600d now the 650d is out, somethingfishy just picked one up... think he said about £450 with kit lense and 0% interest free if that interests you...

Any idea when the PFK article is happening mate?

Hi Iain, thanks for that info on the cameras, I'll take a look later - I'm told my tank will be in PFK's not next issue but the one after that:thumbup:

Hey Gary its looking Awesome mate. Nice work. LOVE the hillstream loach. Are they happier in numbers do you know ?

Cheers Chris, I'm not too sure on numbers on the hillstream loach to be honest, I have 2 in my tank and they seem fine :thumbup:

Agree with everyone else, that loach is a little cracker & a fantastic layout. Basic question for you, if you don't mind.What flavour Moss is that, and is it tied to a number of stones?

Thanks Stu, I think the moss is Christmas moss, I got it from Aqua Essentials, I thought it was down as 'spiky moss' so I am not 100% sure.... I will try and get a close up pic and maybe someone can ID it:thumbup:

Well done Gary, really good pics mate, and great scape.

if you're looking for an slr, have a look at the 550d, well worth the little extra.

Cheers Ian.... Yes I was looking at those, they look great and I know they are popular on here.

Gary can you remind me what your substrate layout is now ? Thanks.

It is Eco Complete at the back with course sand at the front. Have you decided on what you are using yet on yours?

long story Gary. I am in a bit of a dilemma. I am not sure I will be keeping the Trigon. I had hoped it would go well in the room. It was intended to go against the wall at the back and the side of the wardrobe at the side. But I have created a "corner" tank that is in the middle of the wall. It looks odd and I am not sure I like it :(

I have contacted the LFS where I bought it but the owner is on holiday till the New Year. He was talking about having a Trigon in his store as a display tank. As I got this for a song from him, he may consider taking it back and I need not lose much. Alternatively I can consider selling it through his shop. Its all a bit up in the air though :(

i only know women that are this indecisive :) less thinking more planting mate!
Its not a case of being indecisive, I just dont like the damn thing OK ? You know what I am over all this. I wont bother running journals in future.

long story Gary. I am in a bit of a dilemma. I am not sure I will be keeping the Trigon. I had hoped it would go well in the room. It was intended to go against the wall at the back and the side of the wardrobe at the side. But I have created a "corner" tank that is in the middle of the wall. It looks odd and I am not sure I like it I have contacted the LFS where I bought it but the owner is on holiday till the New Year. He was talking about having a Trigon in his store as a display tank. As I got this for a song from him, he may consider taking it back and I need not lose much. Alternatively I can consider selling it through his shop. Its all a bit up in the air though

Sorry to hear this mate, but I know how you feel - I did exactly the same before I bought this Trigon!, I had a white Rio 180.... I hand made all the unit and everything, took me ages too, but it was only when it was all done that I sat there one night sipping a glass of wine and decided it just did not look right in our lounge... thing is, I had actually planted it all! the Mrs went mad when I said I was selling it, having only had just 3 weeks!

I did sell though and bought thisTrigon, so my advice is.... if your not sure now, move it on for the next project:thumbup:

Sorry to hear this mate, but I know how you feel - I did exactly the same before I bought this Trigon!, I had a white Rio 180.... I hand made all the unit and everything, took me ages too, but it was only when it was all done that I sat there one night sipping a glass of wine and decided it just did not look right in our lounge... thing is, I had actually planted it all! the Mrs went mad when I said I was selling it, having only had just 3 weeks!

I did sell though and bought thisTrigon, so my advice is.... if your not sure now, move it on for the next project:thumbup:

Thanks for your support and advice Gary, its nice to hear that from someone who knows where I am coming from. The odd thing is, I LOVED your white tank, especially the cabinet, which really was special. I wish I had known you were selling it as I would have bought it in a twitch of an eye. I am now looking at this.... incpiria 300

Although I will have to sell all the tanks to get it. Thats no big problem though. Im getting a bit fed up with too many tanks around since they ALL have to go in the bedroom, LOL. Currently all I have running is a Rio125 which I bought just to put the plants and fish in that came out of the optiwhite. I figure if I get a good price back for the Trigon, along with the 125, the Aquience, and the little 60L breeder tank, then I can afford this one. Im not 100% decided yet though. I may even have one made. One thing is for sure, it will take a while to sort it all out so for now I am sticking with the 125 and will just let that plod along.

The Ehiem looks a nice bit of kit, how much is the 300 with the stand then?

Erm, well its EU999 which is about £820 but I reckon I can get it cheaper than that. In fact I will HAVE to get it cheaper ! LOL. Otherwise I will need to consider other options. Maybe get someone (;)) to make me a nice white gloss cabinet and have an Optiwhite tank made to measure with a gloss lid.

Quite expensive then! But it does look a nice bit of kit:thumbup:

Well, this afternoon I found myself with a few hours of spare time so decided to spend it on the tank. I changed my co2 in tank ceramic diffuser back to the in-line 'up atomiser' although when the co2 had only been back on for about 15 minutes I decided the mist was a bit much and the display did not look as nice :(

I decided to remove it and give my new 'easy aqua mist atomiser' a go, after it had been in the box for about 3 months!
I placed this under the filter intake and great results!!! :thumbup: Hardly any co2 bubbles in the display, as the filter intake seems to be grabbing the mist off the co2 atomiser and dissolving most of it by the time it has come out of the filter outlets.

Well, after lots of research and thinking and a design that I think will fit brilliantly, I have decided to move over to all LED lighting for my tank... this will be daylight and moon light - as some of you know I have tried to keep my Trigon looking as standard as possible when adding the additions that i've put on and the LED lights also have to do this with the hood fitments - my order will be placed later and photos to follow very soon, I can't wait to get started now :)

How's this going Gary?
Any updates on the led lighting and 'very soon' photo updates ;)
Cheerio
Ady

Back