• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trim Hygrophila Siamensis

jameson_uk

Found some old threads but nothing seemed to quite answer my question....

My Hygrophila Siamensis has got a little too tall. It grew up pretty quickly and then seemed to grow out rather than up but has now just got to the point where the top is right in the flow of the spray bar and all over the place.

I never remember what happens when you trim different stems. If I cut the top will this split into two stems? Am I better off uprooting, removing the lower part of the stem and replanting?

Hygrophila siamensis is a really easy stem-plant to trim. You should cut quite low, to give the new shoots the longest possible space to grow, before you will need to trim again. There will be any number from two and up, of new shoots growing from the cut stem.
It would help build an even denser group of plants, if you remove one or two lowest leaves on off-cut stem(s) and replant these stems a few cm. from the original plant. Hygrophila siamensis is very, very good at setting new roots fast, on such re-planted stems, and grow on.

Back