Trimming Plants

Discussion in 'Plant Help' started by xweeqtx, 11 Jun 2009.

1. xweeqtx

xweeqtx Newly Registered

After looking at the tutorials, learned how to trim the stem plants vertically. But for the ones growing new bits OUT the way, is it just the same - just pull/snip off the new bits and replant? Some of them are getting really messy with the bits coming out horizontally :lol: And I bought HC today, am I right that you cut it up into smaller bits and plant individual bits rather than one big clump?

Sorry, ridden with questions today!

Thanks

2. Dolly Sprint 16v

Dolly Sprint 16v Member

What I did was: remove the HC from its pot and cut it into 4 pieces Inc the rock wool and plant approx. 2" apart.

Stem cutting - well I am still learning and I was considering trying your method - never had the guts to try it, what the hell, if its wrong the plant will only die.

paul.

3. xweeqtx

xweeqtx Newly Registered

What I did was: remove the HC from its pot and cut it into 4 pieces Inc the rock wool and plant approx. 2" apart.

Stem cutting - well I am still learning and I was considering trying your method - never had the guts to try it, what the hell, if its wrong the plant will only die.

Thanks for the info on HC :)

As far as the cutting is concerned, I thought since you cut the bottom of it the same principle applied for those new horizontal growths. I have done a few, and nothings died (yet) but wasn't sure if it was really right or not!