• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tripartita

Bolota

Hi,

Anyone willing to write a few words on Hydrocotyle tripartita care? I see these beautiful pictures of carpet like or cascade like tripartita growing... but mine are always all twisted and matted... long shoots without leaves (even if looking healthy).
Is the trick on trimming, or something else?

thanks!

If you look closer even to the dens looking bushes of this plant, i think its a game of numbers, a bunch of inter twined stems making a lot of leaves looking dense.

Look here what grows out of the bush.. :) Also looks rather leggy, but i think this is the way this plant grows, i have it growing outside in the garden semi marginal emersed. There it gets full daylight and atmospheric co2, more then enough. I do not see much growth difference as what you describe. :) Trimming might help to grow more new growth in its leafaxils..
3.jpe

:)

Hi, mechanical retardation is the method by which you push with the palm of your hand as to "help" tripartita achieve this look. I tried with good results.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Hi, mechanical retardation is the method by which you push with the palm of your hand as to "help" tripartita achieve this look.
You mean you push it into the substrate, or tie it somehow to the hardscape? Because otherwise it tends to grow upward, right?

Following this with interest. my tripartita has always been leggy etc.

You mean you push it into the substrate, or tie it somehow to the hardscape? Because otherwise it tends to grow upward, right?
Hi, see this thread in ukaps with exact details

Also, quoting from Tropica site:
"The plant is carpet-forming (5-10 cm tall) and its compact growth can be promoted by physically pressing the carpet with your hand when maintaining your aquarium (mechanical retardation). Carpet formation and compact growth do best in good light."

Best of luck!

Mine also grew leggy and reached for the sky, that is until I increased light intensity - and obviously fertz and CO2 to balance - and then it became compact and hugged the substrate.

Back