• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tropica Scaping Tools - Opinions?

Tim Harrison

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Anyone road tested Tropica's aquascaping tools yet?
I'm in the market to replace my Chinese bay knock-offs and these look decent...
...and bonus...I won't have to re-mortgage to afford them...
Opinions welcome...
1.JPG

1.JPG

If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong with the ''chinese bay'' ones Troi? Any particular reason you wish replace them?

On the whole they have served me well over the years, but it's time they were replaced. The tweezers broke in half - wishbone style - and I've since drilled and riveted them back together...the rivets are now rusty, and the scissors have started to crush rather than cut. I think given my latest effort "S" shaped wave scissors are needed. Well that's my justification anyway and I'm sticking to it:D

Tbh troy unless you buy ones with carbide blades:greedy::greedy::greedy: the sharpness thing will be about the same, buy tools that feel good in your hand. About the breaking in half thing... well the Chinese never were any good at welding anything with any process. If it happens again shoot me a pm and I'll send you some stainless rivets.
I can't comment on particular brands because I'm biased

hey, i havent actually got any but when i was a freshwatershrimp a while back he had the whole range and they all felt great in the hand. I do have the apfuk wave scissors which are awesome and mostly have the Up tools which are great but Im due an upgrade/replacement and tropica ones will be the most likely contender.

Back