• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trying to decide on diffuser

MrJames

Hello everyone, I'm just trying to decide on the last few details before setting my Fluval Roma 240 up and was after some advice and opinions on Co2 at the moment I have a FE with a dual stage regulator with solenoid so fully adjustable on the pressure!

I'll be using 2 x APS 2000EF filter which use 18/25 hose so I figure my options are....

1) Use reducers to use an in-line diffuser, I've used one before and although it worked well I used to get a lot of problems with trapped gas.

2) Use a couple of atomisers one at each end of the tank not sure how effective they are as I haven't used them before.

3) Build a DIY reactor I've looked at the cerges design but seems a bit hit and miss for some people, I've also been looking at the APS booster canisters and wondering what could be done with one of them....

Or any other suggestions?

Really can't wait to get this tank started but want to do things properly. :)

I ended up getting one of the 65mm Bazooka atomisers from Co2art, Ideally I'd like to go over to a reactor at sometime but want to make sure I'm happy with filtration and flow first.

To use an in-line diffuser would mean using reducers and possibly reducing the filters flow, people have reported different performance drops on different filters with DIY reactors so if I ran a reactor it would probably be using a separate circulation pump.

Hmm _ I have tried all sorts - atomisers - the bubbles eventually get too big - so went to a bazooka type - great for a while ,but one cracked ,so gas coming out in big bubbles ,next one blocked (after blowing off the pipe so losing all the CO2:rage: I am fed up (rant rant) I tried to put diffuser under inlet of filter - trapped gas (in filter):oops: so am going to try an in line diffuser - not sure why an in line diffuser would trap gas though as it goes on the outlet from the canister filter ,so shouldn't be a problem? also why would it drop the flow (for the same reason?)

am i getting it wrong? if so better cancel m order!!

Back