• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trying to get plants to grow.

Viv said:
I'm hoping to get a solenoid. In fact this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170636382...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_5842wt_905 is what I'm hoping to get. I'm sure once I've got all the bits and pieces I need I will be on here somewhere asking for set up advice!

Viv

I bought an all in one unit like that, and the solenoid on it stopped working after 3 months,the solenoid on the unit you link to is the one that came with mine, and as the solenoid is a sealed unit it cant be repaired. the regulator was still working though as the solenoid got stuck on open, so I had to buy another solenoid to replace it. Just giving you the heads up, and most of the Hong Kong sellers only give a 30 day warranty.

Oh! This one was recommended to me and may already be wrapped up somewhere. If its not is there another you would recommend?

Viv

PS I seem to have hijacked this thread! If I should move it elsewhere please let me know!!

Just the job.

Once you get the bits I'm sure you'll sort it out. As you dosing EC you can go slow on the gas and work it up until you have the right dropchecker colour throughout the photoperiod then ween off the EC. Small changes then let it ride a day or 2 and monitor. I've just had to up mine slightly and was wary but all is fine.

There's something different about watching a misty tank. :D

Viv said:
Oh! This one was recommended to me and may already be wrapped up somewhere. If its not is there another you would recommend?

Viv

PS I seem to have hijacked this thread! If I should move it elsewhere please let me know!!

I may have just been unlucky with the solenoid that came with the regulator. The regulator was fine and still working brilliantly, it was just the solenoid gave up. I ended up getting a new solenoid from germany for £20. so if the solenoid does go wrong then just get a replacement. I was not trying to knock the item just saying my experiance with it, but as said it may have just been my one.

Ok :) I'm a bit of a worry-wart at the best of times and I'm really quite nervous about this whole CO2 thing! I'm sure it will all go well when the time comes though and I'll feel like an idiot!! :lol:

Viv

There's nothing to worry about mate, at the end of the day its just a case of connecting it all up and adjusting it until it hits your target. If your intending using a fire extinguisher any problems just let go of the handle and everytings safe again.

That's good to know! I am going to be using a FE.

Viv

Back