• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape Trying to mix different roots.

GeorgeR

Hi,

Trying to mix 2 different root types, but struggling a bit to get a look i am happy with. Must have moved them around hundreds of times by now ha ha.

I do have another bit of the root on the left hand side in my 45L tank, which i am planning to liberate tomorrow. So i could add more maybe.

I guess my questions are:

1. do i need the extra wood/root in the tank?

2. Any suggestions on moving things around to make it look better?

Your thoughts and advise is greatly appreciated as always.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20171006_194841.jpg
    20171006_194841.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 236
Last edited:
The simple answer is if you leave them like that and fill the tank with water, needless to say it won’t be very interesting. However if you add two mounds of soil. Add a carpet at the front and say a Dutch style behind, then you have a nice tank! So the question is - what is your ambition? maybe post a picture of the Scape you would like to copy and then people will be able to help with your aquascape.

George

It looks like you did not do enough or any research at all. Hunt the WWW for ideas first.
Think about the rest of the Aquascape, rocks, extra DW, Substrate and, planting.
In the mean time make up a full size Mock Tank using sand or even kitty litter as a substrate.

When all that is done then and only then you are ready to start planning your Aquascape.

Keith :wave::wave:

Dimension on the tank?
Personally I would add at least another large piece of wood but that is also depending on what type of composition you are going for. Some stones may be fitting but not necessary.
Here are some inspiration for composition and planting.

Back