• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TwinStar 600S

mibe661

Have anyone any opinion regarding this led-light? I was also curious to know if it fits on a opti white 60x30x30 tank (4mm) .. ? Acoording to the description it can only fit to the following tanks:

W60(cm) X D30(cm) X H36(cm)

W60(cm) X D45(cm) X H36(cm)

W60(cm) X D45(cm) X H45(cm)

Glass thickness : 6mm, 8mm

Ive asked Twinstar directly but havent got any answers..

Should fit fine, the stand has a lip on the outer edge which keeps it in place but on a 600 4mm tank it'l just overhang the inside edge of the tank by about 4mm

Have anyone any opinion regarding this led-light?
Do you think you need the 'S' model for a tank of this size?
I would have thought the 'E' model would be more than powerful enough for a tank 30x30cm WxD
Just something to think about and save yourself a bit of money but not saying I'm right.

Both pop reds very nicely, for that size the e series is more than enough for almost anything

Enviado do meu HUAWEI GRA-L09 através do Tapatalk

I had a 600E on an ADA 60-P 60x30x36 which I returned because it arrived slightly damaged.

I was waiting a few weeks for a replacement due to stock and decided to upgrade to a 600S instead of waiting further.

I prefer the overall design of the 600S and in my opinion it has a significantly better colour rendition not just for reds but greens and hardscape too.

That said, I've since had an outbreak of 5 different types of algae so I'm now duly waiting for a dimmer to arrive so I can power it down!

Should fit fine, the stand has a lip on the outer edge which keeps it in place but on a 600 4mm tank it'l just overhang the inside edge of the tank by about 4mm
Thats what I also was suspecting. So ok , the tank should be fine with this 600s. Though , got answers from Twinstar in the matter and they say:

"I'm sorry it will not fit. On the other hand, we recommend you the 600EA model."

I have asked the seller in sweden to take a look and verify it..

Do you think you need the 'S' model for a tank of this size?
I would have thought the 'E' model would be more than powerful enough for a tank 30x30cm WxD
Just something to think about and save yourself a bit of money but not saying I'm right.

I will probably upgrade to a 60x40x40 aquarium in the future, but I really like high lightning, and the possibility it gives. The Cihiros led I have now should on paper be 65w, but Its probably more like 50-isch watts. I have no problems what so ever with algea or anything near that. EI-dosing, 7hr light period and very good filtration / media.
I had a 600E on an ADA 60-P 60x30x36 which I returned because it arrived slightly damaged.

I was waiting a few weeks for a replacement due to stock and decided to upgrade to a 600S instead of waiting further.

I prefer the overall design of the 600S and in my opinion it has a significantly better colour rendition not just for reds but greens and hardscape too.

That said, I've since had an outbreak of 5 different types of algae so I'm now duly waiting for a dimmer to arrive so I can power it down!
Yes I also think the 600s have good design and seems very solid build. How many light hours do you have?

I'll post up a pic tomorrow to show what I mean

How many light hours do you have?

I was at 7hrs but since the outbreak I've cut down to 4hrs until I get it under control

Once the dimmer arrives I'll cut power to 70% to roughly match the 600E and then slowly increase hrs until I find the right balance.

Appreciated! Got answer from the distributor in Sweden, they also say it wont fit. Grr!..

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I guess what they refer to is that if there is too much 'play' then there's a risk of knocking it into the tank.

The lip is on the inside edge not outside so I definitely wouldn't recommend it on a 4mm like advised

20180304_113916-756x1008.jpg

Back