The UKAPS Hardscape Challenge is an exciting head-to-head live competition that allows aquascapers to compete using a dry layout consisting of hardscape materials and substrate.
10 entrants are selected from UKAPS Members through a qualification round.
The UKAPS Hardscape Challenge will be held at the UKAPS Aquascaping Experience, Saturday 5th March 2016, at the iCon Environmental Innovation Centre, Eastern Way, Daventry, NN11 0QB. http://www.icon-innovation.co.uk/
More details here - http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/announcing-the-ukaps-aquascaping-experience-2016.39443/
- Entrants consist of 10 pre-selected UKAPS Members from a qualification round (see below how to enter)
- 10 top-spec open top 60x45x30H cm aquariums
- Huge hardscape selection at event. Competitors are also allowed to bring their own hardscape
- Substrate provided. Competitors are also allowed to bring their own substrate.
- The 10 entrants are all given a maximum of four hours to create a dry hardscape-only layout using the materials provided or their own
- The contest starts at 11am at finishes at 3pm. Results will be announced at 4pm.
- Entrants are able to finish whenever they feel ready, but the contest closes at 3pm
1st Place - £600
2nd Place - £250
3rd Place - £100
4th Place - £50
How to Enter
Email a jpeg image of your own hardscape layout to email@example.com by 1200GMT, February 20th 2016.
Please provide the following information with your entry image:
- It can be a current layout or one from a previous work
- One entry per person
- It must be hardscape-only and not an aquascape with plants and water
- It must be your own work
- High-resolution images are preferable but this is not a photo contest
- Entries must be submitted by 1200GMT, 20th February 2016
- If you enter you MUST be able to attend the UKAPS Aquascaping Experience on Saturday 5th March 2016
- Overseas entrants are welcome but they must be able to fund their own travel and accommodation
- We politely request that your submission image is not deliberately made public until after the announcement
Judging of the qualification-stage hardscape layouts will be completed by UKAPS Founders, Dan Crawford and George Farmer.
The Hardscape Challenge layouts at the UKAPS Aquascaping Experience will be judged by the UKAPS Aquascaping Experience Committee - Dan Crawford, George Farmer, Paulo Leal, Antoni Dimitrov, Stu Worrall and Eduard Gercog.
Special Guest Judges - Jeremy Gay (Evolution Aqua and previous IAPLC judge) and Nathan Hill (PFK Features Editor).
The 10 finalists that will compete LIVE at the UKAPS Aquascaping Experience will be announced on 23rd February 2016.
Works will be published online of the 10 finalists after 23rd February 2016.
[RSVP=39441]Click here to RSVP[/RSVP]
Last edited by a moderator: