• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Under The Mangrove Tree.

thanks for the post Ady, always love your posts. Great idea regarding the Bonsai, will give that a bash i reckon.

thank you Swee, and good to meet you at AE! I wanted it to be a little symmetrical, to see how things would pan out. I actually quite enjoy this scape though.

heres a boring little video for you all! (please view in 720p)

Not so boring if you don't know what you're doing like me. :)
Is it just a case of trimming back to the height required, and layering from front to back?
Tank's starting to come on a treat BTW

Thanks Stu, yes trim as you want, we need to invent a underwater lawnmower!

cheers mate, i did start with some curved scissors, but they're those chunky but funky JBL things, was knocking stuff all over. Time to email, Freshwatershrimp!

5ysu7e9u.jpg

:(

Hey mike...I think it has something to do with the music in the vid. It's a boring vid anyway lol.

A very nice edition there Ian, I'm a big fan of blue fish against green anyway, but Rams are fascinating to watch as they swim and put their water brakes on and hover!
I always thought on rams you can tell a male from female by a redder belly...? Maybe wrong though!?

Your taste in fish is as exquisite as your choice of plants Ian. Nice one :thumbup:

Thanks Iain, you'll be should getting a proper pic I'm sure! I got the rams after seeing those in the tank at aquatics live, there was that tank at aquajadin that had em in with loads of cherries. I took the risk, and they aren't bothering with them at all. I'm sure they will pick off babies, but I'm not really bother as there are more than 100 shrimp in there at the mo.

Ian that second image is flipping awesome mate ! You are giving Mark a run for his money hehe. I would be very interested to read a full run down of the shoot. Any chance you might post it in the photography section ?

Thank you Alastair, it's been my fave layout as well, due to its ease. Still using the Nature Aquario fert system as well and they also seem to be doing the job.

Thanks Chris...the pics were just taken on the canon 550d, with the kit lens, the aquarium light pushed to the back of the aquarium and another T5 placed over the top as well. The led then lights the wall, to give a blown out look. Then sent to mark for framing. Nothing really special.

The rams have settled in well, they are leaving the shrimp alone...here's a quick vid of them (best viewed in 720p)

Back