• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Unnamed - 60P

Mikeba

Hi everyone,

After breaking down Mighty Cave it started itching again to start somehting new. I created the hardscape a while back and finaly found the time to port it over to the aquarium. :)

The setup:

Tank:
ADA 60P (60x30x36cm)

Light:
Twinstar 600SP with Chihiros hanging kit

Filter:
1x JBL 901e greenline

Other Equipment:
Inline atomic CO2 diffusor
Lily Pipes (outflow)(inflows)
Eheim skimmer

Hardscape:
Seiryu stones
Spider wood
Aquaflora Scaping Twigs

Substrate:
ADA Aquasoil Amazónia (under consideration)
ADA La plata sand
ADA La plata sand (big)
ADA Colorado sand
Dennerle Baikal 3mm
Dennerle Baikal 10mm

Ferts:
Planted Box All-in-one daily dosage (EI)

Plants:
Not sure yet.

Photos:

42831124555_75bf1675bd_c.jpg

42831123645_a06de3ab12_c.jpg

41926574940_5236eca048_c.jpg

43735490531_b7cef3e530_c.jpg

Rebuild of the left side:

43018937184_438c2cb0e5_c.jpg

Let me know what you think :)

Thanks guys :D

@Nubias If I ever had to buy a 60cm tank again, I wouldn't go for the ADA 60P anymore. You need more depth for modern aquascapes, something I miss with it's 30cm. 40 - 45 cm would be such a relief and would give so much more possibilities. So something to keep in mind if you ever make your dream come through :p

Proper work!

I would remove the little wood trees in the middle and background and only leave the two big ones in the front, that will increase the sense of scale IMHO

Btw I'm looking to rescape my 60p with stone work too and I was wondering What's the glue you used? Thanks

Proper work!

I would remove the little wood trees in the middle and background and only leave the two big ones in the front, that will increase the sense of scale IMHO

Btw I'm looking to rescape my 60p with stone work too and I was wondering What's the glue you used? Thanks

Thank you for sharing your thoughts CooKies! There will be some planting behind those trees, so I think it will have a nice effect. But I can always tweak along the way if it doesn't look good :)

I actually made a video where I explain how I do my glueing :)

Thanks, so these little cigarette filters glued are gonna keep 1-2kg seiryu stones in place?

Just try it, you will be amazed :)

For really big stones like the one leaning on the right side; that stone has pretty good support on itself, but I used around 6 of those filters to really lock it down, so it wouldn't move accidentally when doing maintenance. I can put some force on it and it doesn't move at all.

When I did the rebuild on the left side I had to use A LOT of force to remove a stone, I thought it wasn't even possible at some point without accidentally breaking the whole scape. So yeah, it works :D

Back