• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Uns blitz

Deano3

Hi everyone looking at some nano tanks like shallow and small uns tanks and seems a fe of these filters on YouTube, anyone know if available in UK ?

Was looking at filterless but having something has to he better than nothing.

Thanks dean

No but I will have a look mate, thanks for that, just want an easy very low maintenance setup so a nano be ideal and that fikters look cool and nice and small.
Yeah I must say, they do look the part.
There’s another company from Europe that do small stainless steel filters too.
I think they’re about £300-400, but they look nice next to a nano on a countertop.
Think they’re called F-Zone?

Yeah I must say, they do look the part.
There’s another company from Europe that do small stainless steel filters too.
I think they’re about £300-400, but they look nice next to a nano on a countertop.
Think they’re called F-Zone?

Overheard MJ Aquascaping saying that he stopped using his as it started to rust within a pretty short period, wasn't too re-assuring considering he got his for free. F-Zone are Chinese to my knowledge, not European.

Overheard MJ Aquascaping saying that he stopped using his as it started to rust within a pretty short period, wasn't too re-assuring considering he got his for free. F-Zone are Chinese to my knowledge, not European.
Yeah I’m thinking of another company, I’m sure they’re from Europe, I think Juris has a video unboxing one of there filters.

I’ve just mixed that with the brand from the MJ video.

Hello, many options:

Tru from vietnam, available from minicompletetank, great quality overall, a bit noisy when used at full power but usually more than enough at 25% power, I do like the aquapro stainless steel pipes more than the acrylic ones that comes with.

Fzone, bigger, silent but not for nano.

Blau, basically same than F zone, plastic pump , powerful and very silent but a bit cheap, better be careful for leaks when assembling it.

UNS Blitz : rebadged Chinese filter, you can get the real one directly from aliexpress, just look for ‘stainless steel aquarium filter’ and you’ll find the original stuff, 130€ for the small (with pipes and everything) and 199€ for the bigger one (without pipes). Haven’t tried it yet.

20649D56-27F6-4543-B657-126128F24523.jpeg
301FC3C0-82AD-4A66-A250-3ACE6FA2F49D.jpeg

For your information about rust, I had some ‘rust´ in a Ada superjet es150, once cleaned properly it seems it was more brown diatom than actual rust…so it’s basically an usual issue with these filters, just try to clean it once every 3 months and it’s ok (didn’t have any death or issue in tank).

Cheers

Last edited:
Hello, many options:

Tru from vietnam, available from minicompletetank, great quality overall, a bit noisy when used at full power but usually more than enough at 25% power, I do like the aquapro stainless steel pipes more than the acrylic ones that comes with.

Fzone, bigger, silent but not for nano.

Blau, basically same than F zone, plastic pump , powerful and very silent but a bit cheap, better be careful for leaks when assembling it.

UNS Blitz : rebadged Chinese filter, you can get the real one directly from aliexpress, just look for ‘stainless steel aquarium filter’ and you’ll find the original stuff, 130€ for the small (with pipes and everything) and 199€ for the bigger one (without pipes). Haven’t tried it yet.

For your information about rust, I had some rust in a Ada superjet es150…so it’s basically an usual issue with these filters, just try to clean it once every 3 months and it’s ok (didn’t have any death or issue in tank).

Cheers

That's mad, kind of puts me off getting a SS filter one day :(...I had looked previously at those AliExpress ones that you linked, seemed like they could be good value (if they aren't terrible) but not sure if anyone here has first hand experience with them.

That's mad, kind of puts me off getting a SS filter one day :(...I had looked previously at those AliExpress ones that you linked, seemed like they could be good value (if they aren't terrible) but not sure if anyone here has first hand experience with them.

I think they are nice, I know some aquascapers in China that are using these with great success, I like the stainless steel Tru too.

I sold all mine (tru and Ada) just because I had same results with my 30€ second hand Dennerle scaper’s flow and cheapo internal stuff lol. And ofc the maintenance is quite annoying on these, I think these filters are mainly made to look good on social networks. ;)

Back