• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UP Atomiser Concerns

mark4785

Hi,

Over the past 2 days I have been connecting up a external fluval filter and co2 system that interconnect using an external UP Atomiser co2 diffuser. The UP Atomiser came with no installation instructions with the exception of a small diagram on the box showing where it should be situated in relation to the aquarium.

I deduced from the diagram that in order to use it you must cut the external filter outlet pipe in half with a knife and then place each half onto the device. I did this quite easily and then used the two nuts on each end of the device to tighten the grip of the outlet pipe on the device.

" ----------<(UP)>-------------

--- = external pipe. "

The bit that frightened me to death after binding the outlet pipe with the device is that it is fairly easy to pull the external pipe from underneath the grip of the holding nut, resulting in detatchment! Should this be happening?! I'm really anxious about filling the tank up with water and getting the fluval filter running as I'm scared the external pipe will slip out of the nut effectively causing 120 litre of water to gush out onto the floor!!

I'm a busy person at the moment, I have quite a lot of college work being thrown at me to do and I know I wouldn't be able to concentrate on the work at hand if I had the fluval running with this UP Atomiser attached. I'm just petrified that I will return home only to find a water-soaked house.. :thumbdown:

does the fluvel filter use ribbed pipe , if so i think you need to change your pipes to get the nuts to fit tight or use jubilee clips
the pipe on my eheim filter is 16/22 and locked on solid to the up atomizer with the nuts

mine fits really tight but its not using fluval ribbed pipes i swapped them for eheim pipes due to the fluval pipes collecting a lot of dirt in the ribbin

freelanderuk said:
does the fluvel filter use ribbed pipe , if so i think you need to change your pipes to get the nuts to fit tight or use jubilee clips
the pipe on my eheim filter is 16/22 and locked on solid to the up atomizer with the nuts

Yes, it is ribbed.

What are jubilee clips and will they work well with my current outlet pipe?

Thanks.

Just google them mate. There basically a metal ring that goes around your tubing where it fits over say the ends of the up diffuser. You then tighten it with a screw driver so it clamps tight so as to stop any worry of the tubes popping off. Exactly the sane as what holds radiator pipes on etc in a car engine

From looking at the UP atomiser and external pipe a little closer its clear to see that there is no surface area where the jubilee clip can clamp on to the pipe; it will have to clamp on to the nut which serves little purpose.

Would a jubilee clip be better than using the nut or am I just making things worse?

Thanks.

Its not a difficult job to get a very secure fixing... get the right size quality hose & soften the end with a little heat, push on & clamp tight while still warm.

CIMG0593.jpg

Back