• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Up atomizer

Crombie

Seedling
Silly question, but should this be placed before or after the filter? It says before, but wouldn't that increase the amount of co2 in the filter, leaving less oxygen for the bacteria, or am I just overthinking it?

Over thinking, but either way works.

If you put it before the filter, the filter will act as an in-line reactor, trapping the CO2 and absorbing better. Down sides are that it will need cleaning more often as it will be exposed to all the crap being sucked in to the filter, also the filter will "burp" every 10 minutes or so where the gas is building up into 1 large bubble which then passes through the impeller.

If you put it after the filter, it will stay cleaner for much longer. There aren't any down sides to this, it won't give you the same absorption rate, but providing your pipes give the gas enough travel (3ft~) it will be fine.

Forget the thing about there not being enough oxygen for the bacteria, this is probably correct on some level, but insignificant to make a difference.

The only real down side to having the atomiser on the outlet is that you have to put up with a tank full of fine bubbles. Personally, I quite like that - tells me the CO2 is actually working!

There we go then, I'll go with this option, filter is well overrated for the tank size anyway. Thanks all.

Back