• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Up co2 atomizer

Trebor127

I have just connected my co2 inline on my eheim pro 3 2075s and one of them is making a noise like swishing water every now and again and the other is silent...

Could it be due to the fact that it isn't vertical?

69f66b7c3b4be374e5e0f052dec1719a.jpg

Last edited:
The only way I can see it mattering is if there's an inverted loop in your hose (so like a hill), as CO2 could accumulate there.

If its making a noise like trapped air... is it not just trapped air? Are the inlines on the intake or the outlet? Did the noise start immediately after starting back up, or after a few hours?

The only way I can see it mattering is if there's an inverted loop in your hose (so like a hill), as CO2 could accumulate there.

If its making a noise like trapped air... is it not just trapped air? Are the inlines on the intake or the outlet? Did the noise start immediately after starting back up, or after a few hours?
It goes straight out from the filter with about 5 inch of hose then straight to the spray bar outlet...

It only happens when I put the co2 on and not the filter. It sounds like splashing water.

I will run the co2 over night and see if that helps out.

It only happens when I put the co2 on and not the filter.

So the filter is off? The gas presumably will displace a small amount of water when its being injected, not sure if a normal injection rate would give you anything audible though.

I've got one of these sat on my desk, I'll install it at the weekend and have a play! But its a simple device. The only thing I can see going wrong with it (other than creating a puddle) is the seal around the ceramic breaking, and allowing way too much CO2 through, but if you have a bubble counter you'd know about that?

The filter is flowing silently but when I turn the co2 on it starts making a swishing sound... I may take the hoses off and ensure everything is tight on the atomizer

Your diffuser can fill with water when the Co2 is not on. When the Co2 comes on the gas forces the water out. On mine this makes a water squirting type noise until the diffuser is empty of water. It normally stops after a few minutes, depending on the injection rate.

Hmm this maybe the case then but it's silent until I put the co2 on. So I would've thought if it was filling with water it would make a noise with the co2 off.

I'm going to death the hose and make sure the diffuser is fully tightened up and the assembly inside is fully seated on the rubber seals.

Ah makes sense... So guess I may need to just run it for a day or so to push the water back out then?

Update - I have removed and reinstalled it and it is now silent...

I assume that it wasn't fully sealed for some reason but keeping an eye on it at the minute.

Back