• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Uping Population

Vazkez

Hello guys,

my GF suggest we should increase our population in the tank.
The tank is Juwel rio 125.
Fish in tank atm are 6 tiger barbs, 3 black/red barbs and pleco (yeah just the right choose for planted :p )
Anyway I am not too picky but I would like to add something which will go nice with barbs and not going to destroy my plants even more...

Thank you.

Tiger barbs are not community fish and are best in a species tank, so the only reasonable thing to suggest is buy more tiger barbs to disperse the aggression.

What are the 'black red barbs'? They need to be in a group of 6 minimum too.

Well they are your pets so they depend on you to look after them and care for them. They are also living animals with feelings.

Frankly, if you can't care for your current fish properly, you should re- home them. Definitely don't buy any more fish that the tiger barbs will likely just attack. Tiger Barbs should really be in a species tank, in a group of at least 10, to disperse the aggression. In a bigger tank you might get away with keeping them with other species of fish, but in a 125 really it should be a species tank.

The ruby barbs and tiger barbs could live happily together in your tank, but you would need to increase the numbers of both species. I really would advise against getting another species of fish, especially tetras or cory etc. They will be bullied to death/ illness by the tigers.

I am trying to give you the best advice possible. It may not be what you want to hear. But the truth is, the best thing you can add to the tank is more barbs. I am thinking about the welfare and health of all your fish when I say this

I am trying to give you the best advice possible. It may not be what you want to hear. But the truth is, the best thing you can add to the tank is more barbs. I am thinking about the welfare and health of all your fish when I say this

No no no I fully understand... On one side of the coint yes I wanted to hear something else but on the RIGHT side of the coint I rather have smaller population like death fish :)

Thank you again :)

Back