• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Vallisneria no root

fish bait

Hi all, I got two bunches of Vallisneria today from my lfs, and when I separated them one had no root, now it looks like it has been cut off right at the base. Now do you think if I plant it will the root grow back?

Regards Jeff

The leaves are altogether at the bottom, and it looks like its all their but the root. So I have planted it and it has co2 and ferts so lets hope it will root.

dowheim said:
Do you mean individual leaves have been cut or does it still have the base but without roots? If you have been given a bunch of individual leaves I'm pretty sure it won't survive, if you have plant that has its root stems missing then it should root.

Dowheim you were right, done the weekly 50-70% water change tonight and the plant with no root came out, and guess what there was three little roots starting to grow :D. I only planted on Saturday and growing already, so you were right.

Thanks Jeff

Back