• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Vivarium

Fiske

I'm coming to the realisation that I'm not going to have the 500 L aquarium of my dreams; my floors will not take it. I'm pushing it with the AS600 already. I will probably downsize my collection to only 2 tanks.
So what do you do then?

You take the water out!

2023-02-24 14.20.42.jpg

My gargoyle has not been a big eater since late january. As in, more or less not touched food. It seems to be changing, I hope, he/she emptied a bowl a couple of days ago, so I hope we are back to normal. Shedding has been normal, though, and aside from being a bit slimmer, it seems like s/he's fine. Tbh, s/he was in chubby mode before.

2Z7A4301a.JPG

I'd say s/he's approaching skinny now, so still slightly worried; although being skinny should rule out egg binding. Anyway, hope eating picks up, or it's the vet,

The big vivarium has grown in well, I'm awaiting a bunch of orchids to pop in, I've started getting my fruit fly game on; and hope to get some citizens for frog town this spring/early summer.
This is the current look. Crap phone pic with feet.
2024-03-28 10.07.21-1.jpg
2024-03-28 10.53.03.jpg

what frogs are you thinking of? :)

Also what's your substrate consisting of on each level?

May or may not want to consider the nepenthes in with frogs, I can't speak from experience but just in case you hadn't checked already

Back