• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Waste of time

PARAGUAY

I see the government is having a COVID inquiry,all l can say if it's true it will take years l think it's a waste of taxpayers money,all it seems to be doing is giving some failed politicians a bit of the limelight again. I have the conclusion now ,-no one will be blamed, the country was not ready, and still aren't if there was something similar we would be in the same situation. At a time when people are struggling with mortgages and rents and the rest

This has become, a very contentious issue, not least since it looks increasingly likely to have escaped from a biosafety level 4 (BSL-4) laboratory in Wuhan afterall. And because the research in to this particular SARS virus was at least partly funded by the US.

However, as time marches on and evidence starts to emerge in the wake of our government's response to COVID, it's arguable that the lockdown did more harm than good, not just economically but also with regards physical and mental health, especially of children. It's likely we'll be feeling the repercussions in terms of the "Cost of Covid Crisis" for a very long time. Further, that the vaccination is responsible for the unprecedented rise in unexplained deaths especially from myocarditis and pericarditis, blood clots etc.

Also, there are many scientists that consider the Covid jab gene therapy rather than an actual vaccination, and that comes with it's own problems, especially with regards to the sudden onset of health issues post vaccination, such as arthritis. The contention seems to revolve around semantic ambiguity relating to the definition of gene therapy.

Further, it's perhaps doubtful the vaccination was necessary at all and that it may actually have made things worse for some individuals. All things considered there should be a review, but you may be right @PARAGUAY it probably won't amount to much, nor tackle the really salient issues.

Honestly, I don’t think the government did too much wrong from my understanding. At the time, no one knew what what path covid would take, especially after we saw the immense amount of deaths across Italy early on. If evidence emerges that a vaccine wasn’t the best choice, that’s just a benefit of time but I’m fairly sure the vaccine saved more than not. I guess we’ll know in time, and that’s a very difficult thing to prove.

Lockdown certainly wasn’t great for people, but it didn’t change my habits 😬 (introvert, remote working, misery).

I do wonder what has happened to covid? Seems to have disappeared.

At the time, no one knew what what path covid would take, especially after we saw the immense amount of deaths across Italy early on.
It's likely that this was a synergistic result of air pollution, not necessarily the virulence of the virus.

Hmm, I don’t know. I did get covid btw and it was not fun.

If there is a high incidence rate of deaths related to exposure to high pollution in air; we’d likely find these correlations in Asian mega cities, New York and London? A work colleague is based on Seoul and said lockdown there made here look like a holiday. The death toll there was high too, I don’t know about their air quality.

Interesting nonetheless, as a vaccinated person I am a sheep. Felt like the right choice though.

There are many other factors that interact to determine outcome of infected individuals. Such as socioeconomics and ethnicity. 'After adjusting for age, men and women from all ethnic minority groups (except females of Chinese ethnic background) are at greater risk of death involving COVID-19 compared with those of White ethnic background.'

Hmm, I don’t know. I did get covid btw and it was not fun.
Just out of curiosity was that before or after you were vaccinated?

I got covid last year, and I got it at the start.

There were differences; and second time was worse, as in, took maybe 10 days to get me (slowly my immune system decided I was better off stationary); first time I just carried on as normal but slept a lot; unusual for me. They key difference with first and second is that with the second I could feel improvements as I felt better but the first time was just a constant ‘hmm’

Everyone I know who has had covid at start, and at end says second time is worse. Some people are definitely more susceptible to it to, neighbour has had it 5 times…

Everyone I know who has had covid at start, and at end says second time is worse. Some people are definitely more susceptible to it to, neighbour has had it 5 times…
Yes, that's what I heard as well. But I'm guessing second time and subsequent Covid infections were after the jab, No?

Yep 3rd time was post 3 vaccinations

I was so I’ll after the vaccines too 😅🎉

As far I am aware I got it once and it knocked me out for 3-4 days. Quite nasty!

According to figures it has died down, but how real any figures were during the pandemic who knows!

Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 19-37-26 COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer.png

First of all, where are the fish and plants? Secondly, we have the most corrupt and ignorant government who acted against scientific advice. I got Long Covid in the week before lockdown, because it was delayed. I know thousands of people who had their third anniversary this March, because of that delay. Many are bedridden, many have lost jobs, some have lost homes and families. They struggle to get benefits. They have no medicine. I also created Scotland's Covid Memorial, which involved speaking to bereaved families and others affected. The more one listens to those affected the more impossible it becomes not to recognise and condemn the greed and mendaciousness of this government, or, as someone from Scotland, not my government, but the one that had most power and did the least. This was the most serious disaster since WW2, of course there has to be an inquiry. It helps the bereaved and those who never recovered. It reveals some of the corruption. It shows why such bad decisions were taken. It's still the case that around 1 in 10 who get Covid succumb to Long Covid. I generally love this site and I don't always think it's helpful when people post off-topic. There are other platforms for that. But when an issue has killed and severely affected so many, I think sometimes it's worth considering what their needs might be. You won't find many people who lost loved ones who don't want an enquiry.

What an experience all that was Ah…..

At the beginning it was pretty scary for us but, in other ways it was quite good!
The whole affair may well of been easier for us on a small island compared to the mainland UK as we just closed the boarders and Covid stayed largely away!
Personally we enjoyed the actual lock down, it became an opportunity to be with the family, in one house and the two hours a day exercise, was a fabulous opportunity to enjoy empty roads and long walks.

On a very personal level, the initial lockdown showed me that I ‘can‘ take charge and make family decisions !
As a rule I get bossed around and told what to do but, when the cards were down I took control and everybody did in fact comply!

. I generally love this site and I don't always think it's helpful when people post off-topic. There are other platforms for that.
Yep... rule number one. Don't discuss politics or religion amongst friends.
For the record... shielded for 6 months, caught it twice, before I got jabbed and nearly died.

Hopefully we will lean from this inquiry that decades of insufficient funding, covering numerous government's lead up to this perfect storm.

The point of this inquiry isn't to lay blame, the point is to better prepare ourselves for the next one, and that costs money, which... non of us are prepared to pay.

On a side note, why isn’t anybody complaining about the hundreds of millions we are wasting in the Atlantic atm on search and rescue. 🙊

On a side note, why isn’t anybody complaining about the hundreds of millions we are wasting in the Atlantic atm on search and rescue. 🙊
Exactly my words for the past couple of days.... I think if you pay $250.000 to dive into 13000ft of water in a metal barrel to check out a ship wreak thats been sitting there for 110 years (ever heard of Google image search?), I think that qualifies as being on your own.... especially while at the same time hundreds of boat refugees are drowning off the coast of Greece and no one gives a s*it... Makes me furious!

Cheers,
Michael

We do need the enquiry for COVID but looking back at Cameron and Osbourne is just a waste of time, it's going to take years and the real questions will we get answers?,Government left us unprepared ,no recommendation of facemasks to be worn ,then have to wear them! Not enough proper protective equipment and then spending millions on inadequte ,stuff which was useless .Hospitals and CareHomes left unprepared, those nurses,doctors ,carers who we all proud of now suddenly the government think don't matter.All the answers will be lost ,no one will be accountable
The scientists who helped developed the vaccine deserve credit . It was kind of strange watching the BBC health correspondent on the news saying we might never develop a vaccine and then suddenly the day after a vaccine had been successfully come through trials in Oxford .

Looking back is called 'History'. It's what any mature culture does. The real waste is the way History so often gets ignored. There are reports almost every day in the media based on the enquiry, and many of those who were corrupt or behaved in ways that caused harm are going to be rightly condemned, as a direct consequence of the hearings. Let's remember how long it took to affirm the truth about Hillsborough, or Bloody Sunday. We need independent and powerful legal enquiries. They aren't ever a waste of time.

Until 6 months ago I thought I'd come out of COVID pretty unscathed. I've now been diagnosed with ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which, looking back, has been slowly creeping up on me for around 2 years. Either I had asymptomatic covid or it was triggered by the vaccine. ME is usually triggered by a heavy viral infection, often glandular fever, but long covid is incredibly similar. The one good thing for me is that due to the number of people with long covid, and its similarity to ME, research into ME has increased exponentially.

Trouble with History @AlecF is things get buried in time not just kings and queens ,l mean how many remember it was Thatcher who sold off council houses, privatized what remained and probably the housing crisis now has it roots from them, it was the tenacity of Hillsborough survivors families with support from Andy Burnham ,Liverpool FC and others as the enquiry tried to whitewash the truth for many years.l agree we need a enquiry for COVID but feel history will bury the truth the way it's set up all l see is a lot of people who have questions and actions to explain will end up in the House of Lords on £300 a day for attending .
Some good had happened like the husband and wife team who developed a vaccine and are now working on advances in cancer cures due to the research

Back