• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Week aqua A430 pro, I'm disappointed?

BuffBall

Hey all, my week aqua A430 pro just came in the parcel after much excitement and after setting it up, I'm disappointed?

I've previously been using the all pond solution for the 20 gallon which were 26Watts each. Initially used 3 but switch to 2 to avoid much algae and that was bright and lit the whole tank. Ofc that came with a drawback which was colour rendition wasn't the best. Image of the pleds for reference
View attachment IMG_20240519_202528.jpg

These 2 are roughly 52W so the new light A430 which is 120W, twice as bright should be fill the whole tank and I was hoping to run it around 50%.

I hang the light and start it, put it to max brightness. But it's just not bright enough? I do see the colour rendition is much better but I was just hoping this wouldt create the shadows and dark spots it's now creating.
IMG_20240524_203109.jpg

I've hung it about 6-7 inches above the water? But it barely is giving enough light to the rotalas blood red in the left corner?

Am I missing something here, maybe I need 2? But then it would not fit. I'm thinking maybe to get full coverage it needs to be a full width light?

I've now also ordered a P900 even though the tank is only 78cm. It will have a over lap a bit but I will hang it so maybe it will be better?

Also regarding the settings, does anyone have any custom settings, I usually use red to a small nano but Its looking too un natural. What would be the closest setting to a natural ish-white look.

Ooo so glad I went with wrgb 2 instead of weekaqua A430, I have s400pro which is great looking light but I wanted to upgrade so got the wrgb2 and I must say i am not disappointed ( don't mean to rub it in )

Hey all, my week aqua A430 pro just came in the parcel after much excitement and after setting it up, I'm disappointed?

I've previously been using the all pond solution for the 20 gallon which were 26Watts each. Initially used 3 but switch to 2 to avoid much algae and that was bright and lit the whole tank. Ofc that came with a drawback which was colour rendition wasn't the best. Image of the pleds for reference
View attachment 219629

These 2 are roughly 52W so the new light A430 which is 120W, twice as bright should be fill the whole tank and I was hoping to run it around 50%.

I hang the light and start it, put it to max brightness. But it's just not bright enough? I do see the colour rendition is much better but I was just hoping this wouldt create the shadows and dark spots it's now creating.View attachment 219630

I've hung it about 6-7 inches above the water? But it barely is giving enough light to the rotalas blood red in the left corner?

Am I missing something here, maybe I need 2? But then it would not fit. I'm thinking maybe to get full coverage it needs to be a full width light?

I've now also ordered a P900 even though the tank is only 78cm. It will have a over lap a bit but I will hang it so maybe it will be better?

Also regarding the settings, does anyone have any custom settings, I usually use red to a small nano but Its looking too un natural. What would be the closest setting to a natural ish-white look.
In all honesty though that looks great, I wouldn't put another light on this.

1. You will be trimming every other week and that gets annoying very soon.

2. ALGEE , it's already next to a window. Too much light is a recipe for desaster , shadows are down to angles of the hardscape IMHO.

Looks good to me, you could try moving it slightly further forward and lowering it will enable you to reduce the power, looks like you have a few cm's before making contact with the wood.
Not sure this will be aesthetically pleasing but I hope it works out ok for you, you could always get a bigger tank! ;)

The single unit is designed for tanks up to 60cm ideally, but I reckon you can definitely hang it higher. I had these over my 120cm and were about 40-50cm above, and on 30-40% at most without any shadowing.

Dennis Wong has also used this on the tanks below. He hangs them quite high.

But also maybe it's the photo or my eyes but I don't notice any shadowing in your picture.

IMG_7705.jpeg IMG_7706.jpeg
IMG_7707.jpeg

(Photos by 2hr Aquarist)

Ooo so glad I went with wrgb 2 instead of weekaqua A430, I have s400pro which is great looking light but I wanted to upgrade so got the wrgb2 and I must say i am not disappointed ( don't mean to rub it in )

In all honesty though that looks great, I wouldn't put another light on this.

1. You will be trimming every other week and that gets annoying very soon.

2. ALGEE , it's already next to a window. Too much light is a recipe for desaster , shadows are down to angles of the hardscape IMHO.
The thing is I have a S400 pro tok for my nano and I do really like it for that.

View attachment IMG_20240519_202712.jpg

Did you notice much change from moving to the wrgb? I thought this was already good enough.

Thanks for all the feedback, I did notice the plants pearling more to be honest. Maybe it will just take some time for my eyes to adjust this this new light.

I would like to know what settings every one is using for these lights as I can't seem to find much online?

Attachments

• IMG_20240519_202712.jpg
    14.4 MB · Views: 18
The thing is I have a S400 pro tok for my nano and I do really like it for that.

View attachment 219643

Did you notice much change from moving to the wrgb? I thought this was already good enough.

Thanks for all the feedback, I did notice the plants pearling more to be honest. Maybe it will just take some time for my eyes to adjust this this new light.

I would like to know what settings every one is using for these lights as I can't seem to find much online?
RGB array will always look dimmer rgatva comparable one with predominantly white LEDs.

It's your eyes not the light
Conversely it will look brighter to the plants or at least equal.

WEEKAQUAPLUS.JPG

Last edited:

View attachment 219643

Obviously there is a difference chihiros wrgb 2 is very powerful and perfect for carpeting plants , only reason I wanted to upgrade was because I was using s400pro on a 45p so wasn't getting full coverage.i am only running it at 50% because I don't want alge and I have Utricularia which has not settled in yet.
17166597687768332839248734437339.jpg

I think weekaqua are very good lights for a very good value , very good actually compared to it competition ADA solar rgb and UNS titan. It's fraction of the cost.

I'm currently using a P900 (which I would imagine uses the same app) and after going through all the presets on the first day I settled on a basic custom mode which suits my taste and most probably the plants and tank's, R=32% G=41% B=41% UV=32% Fan=100% Power=54% with a half hour sunrise/sunset. Tank is 90Lx55Dx53H cm and at 54% power plants are pearling all day long which signifies to me enough light.
Probably not quite the info you are searching for but it's a start.

I'm currently using a P900 (which I would imagine uses the same app) and after going through all the presets on the first day I settled on a basic custom mode which suits my taste and most probably the plants and tank's, R=32% G=41% B=41% UV=32% Fan=100% Power=54% with a half hour sunrise/sunset. Tank is 90Lx55Dx53H cm and at 54% power plants are pearling all day long which signifies to me enough light.
Probably not quite the info you are searching for but it's a start.
That's perfect mate, yeah been going back and forth with the premade settings already like mixed, algae fresh. Just trying to find something that looks natural and not too artificial like the "green" does.

Will try out those settings 👍

Back