• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Weekaqua Pandora P600 for 90cm Tank

DeadFish

Posting this here as well as in my journal for others to reference. When looking into this I could not find more than one thread covering this topic. Long story short, I have a Weekaqua Pandora P600 on hand as I was originally planning for an 80cm tank. The unit is 90W, 60cm in length. I ended up bumping up to a 90cm tank, so now I have the decision of either a.) running the 60cm fixture suspended about 30cm above the water line, or b.) taking ~ $75 loss and getting the 90cm fixture.

What do you think?

I think it depends on what plants you want to grow. For example, some plants need high light to show their best colours.

I am using a P900 and a WRGB2 Pro both running at about 80%+ in my 90P tank and the amount of light is 'just about right.'

Posting this here as well as in my journal for others to reference. When looking into this I could not find more than one thread covering this topic. Long story short, I have a Weekaqua Pandora P600 on hand as I was originally planning for an 80cm tank. The unit is 90W, 60cm in length. I ended up bumping up to a 90cm tank, so now I have the decision of either a.) running the 60cm fixture suspended about 30cm above the water line, or b.) taking ~ $75 loss and getting the 90cm fixture.

What do you think?
Not sure you would need to go 30cm "up" for one thing.
Difference between a 80 and 90 cm tank isn't that extreme.
Like 2" on each end.

Start about 23cm off the water line

Last edited:
Back