• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Weight distribution/mat for rimless tank

charlie93

Hey everyone,

I'm about to start scaping a 60p. Before I get started I'm curious if the mat provided with this tank is up to the job as it's a few mm shorter than the tank footprint. I purchased the tank from a fellow aquascaper (eBay) who had already cut the mat.

Ada 60p footprint (60x30cm)
Ada garden mat cut by previous owner (see pictures).

Note: cabinet and tank are completely level (just spent an hour fine tuning the adjustable feet haha)

I know the weight is loaded mostly on the bottom panel of glass but wondering if I'm inviting a problem in the future if the mat is a few mm short on each side?

I'm thinking this should be ok. Just thinking about the D-D aquascaper tanks and cabinets, they have an overhang of the entire width of the front panel so guessing that the weight distribution isn't an issue here... would love any thoughts on this :)

Thanks in advance
PXL_20230422_211714458.jpg
PXL_20230422_211653753.jpg

I know the weight is loaded mostly on the bottom panel of glass but wondering if I'm inviting a problem in the future if the mat is a few mm short on each side?
This will most probably not matter but being the obsessive person I am I would probably obsess every day over the tank not being flush with the cabinet.

Back