• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What a score.

Jaseon

Just nabbed this out of the local recycling centre. I was worried that it might be cracked somewhere, but its fine. I had some strange looks putting it into the car, but i knew it would come up nice with a clean. All the gubbins are there. Im not sure what im going to end up doing with it. Im not a fan of integrated filtration, and black trim but will see. I think it would look nice stripped down. Its a bit of a stretch, but does anyone know the make of this? If im keeping it original i might buy a new light for it. Its not leaking, and looks like its never been cleaned since new. Not a scratch on it. One down side i found a dead nerite. Was hoping it was somehow still alive poor guy .
20220306_103001.jpg
20220306_103010.jpg 20220306_103104.jpg 20220306_124643.jpg 20220306_103026.jpg 20220306_124705.jpg 20220306_124700.jpg 20220306_124731.jpg

Congratulations that’s a great find even if the heater and pump do not work you could still do an emersed scape in it

We live in such a wasteful society

People are lazy and stupid it took more effort to take that to the tip than to whack a pic on Fb marketplace, freegle etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had something similar, y that I picke up for a tenner. You can probably remove all the plastic trim as it has no structural importance and it will make a nice rimless tank. As it curved as well it will look like the Dennerle scaper series

Congratulations that’s a great find even if the heater and pump do not work you could still do an emersed scape in it

We live in such a wasteful society

People are lazy and stupid it took more effort to take that to the tip than to whack a pic on Fb marketplace, freegle etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speaking from some very recent experience it really isn't people being lazy and stupid for the most part.
Try sticking up a free ad on FB and see how much messing around you get even when you state no delivery and no messing about please.

Funny thing is, i did think the owner of this tank was lazy just by the state it was in. It looked like there was an attempt to scrape the algae off, but it was buzzing. I have a feeling they set it up then just let it run itself into the state i found it in, and then rather than clean it they dumped it.

Either way ill get some nice use out of it. I am leaning towards stripping the plastic off. I have been wanting to have a tank with full moss walls so will keep updating as i go.

Grumpy wife syndrome...:dead:

Honey the tank will look great....
Two months later after zero maintenance the wife takes over :facepalm:

Last edited:
Back