• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what algea kill UV

arty

Hello,

Which type of algea free floating spores kils Ultraviolet ?
I found only info about helps against green water and help with oxidation processes ORP, but i'm not interested in green water.
Mostly i interested against diatoma helps or not ?
I know there depend on wattage bulbs power and flow via UV, but i'm interested in cheap option 9w and 14w UV bulbs help or not and which algea type kill ?

Best Regards,

Thank You Very Much for support answer.
I think UV waste of money. Green water only for lazy people, i got only once long time ago on low tech when water 6 more months not been changed :)

Best Regards,

Well that might be a bit too harsh. People who are not lazy can get green water if they make a mistake, such as disturbing the substrate too much without then doing a water change. Green water can be triggered to the combination of high light and ammonia fluctuations. That has nothing to do with laziness.

In a low tech planted tank you are not suppose to change the water, so this was not the cause for the green water in that particular case. Something else was at fault.

Cheers,

Ohh. Sorry.
I'm lazy too :D
Who are not lazy sometimes ?

Regards,

Back