What are the dimesions of the Tetratec EX1200?

Discussion in 'Filters, Filtration and Pumps' started by Simon D, 12 Dec 2008.

1. Simon D

Simon D Member

I'm in the market for a new tetratec EX1200 if it fits in my cabinet. The width is the most important and I've read varying reports from 9-10 inches.

I can jut squeeze in a 9 1/2 inch (242mm) unit if I take the hinges off the door and replace them with magnetic catches.
    I don't think that the depth is a problem, I have 9 3/4" (250mm) am I right? As for the height I have available 26" (660mm) so that should be fine too (I think).

Any help (measurements!) would be gratefully appreciated.

2. zig

zig Member

Just measured it,its slightly over 10 inches across the top, can't measure it totally accurate because the top is curved, definitely over 10 inches though.....sorry. Height won't be a problem, the filter is under 50 cms. I wouldn't chance it if the space is that tight and my measurements are out slightly, correct measurement is definitely more than 9 1/2 inches.

3. Simon D

Simon D Member

Cheers Zig,

I'd rather have the bad news now than after the expence! Thanks for your time.

Maybe I'll go for the (very) more expensive Eheim ecco pro 300 (2028) but need to look into this more.

Problem is i've got a small 2 ft tank and will be upgrading this to a 3 or 4 footer next year but don't want to buy equipment for this that I won't be of any use on the upgrade!

Cheers

4. Behold

Behold Member

Yup over 10 inches, just checked.

Sorry.