• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What are these??!

kaliboy15

Seedling
Can anyone help? I recently set up a 500 litre heavily planted tank. All the plants inside are from various sellers on eBay, the wood are from various people I've picked it up from mainly from Facebook Marketplace, and the substrate was also second hand from an aquascaper who broke down a tank.

The only place I can think that these worms are coming from is the wood. One of the large pieces of wood came from the river Thames some time ago and was left as an ornament in somebody's house, not in an aquarium.. So it's been dry for a long time!

Anybody have any ideas as to what these worms/ inverts are before I have to get Fenbendazole out?

Any help would be gratefully received! I'm about to stock the tank as it's run its cycle and the plants are settled in. I would hate to buy a load of beautiful fish and for these worms to be parasitic or something.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

VIDEO 1

VIDEO 2

Kind regards,
Declan

Can anyone help? I recently set up a 500 litre heavily planted tank. All the plants inside are from various sellers on eBay, the wood are from various people I've picked it up from mainly from Facebook Marketplace, and the substrate was also second hand from an aquascaper who broke down a tank.

The only place I can think that these worms are coming from is the wood. One of the large pieces of wood came from the river Thames some time ago and was left as an ornament in somebody's house, not in an aquarium.. So it's been dry for a long time!

Anybody have any ideas as to what these worms/ inverts are before I have to get Fenbendazole out?

Any help would be gratefully received! I'm about to stock the tank as it's run its cycle and the plants are settled in. I would hate to buy a load of beautiful fish and for these worms to be parasitic or something.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

VIDEO 1

VIDEO 2

Kind regards,
Declan
I think video 2 is a leech of some sort, best removed. Video 1 I cant really tell, long one looks like an earthworm but I really cant tell? And small one moves more like planaria, also best removed.

It does look like a leech.

Check these links
1639671241317.png

Back