• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What are these?

As the batch of leeches was delivered today to Norwich (be warned), I caught a couple more while I was removing some old moss from the tank, the two biggest leeches I have ever seen! One I actually thought it was a worm, thought it was too big to be a leech LOL damn!

Anyway I have ordered another globe and going to create a leech ecosphere lol

As the batch of leeches was delivered today to Norwich (be warned), I caught a couple more while I was removing some old moss from the tank, the two biggest leeches I have ever seen! One I actually thought it was a worm, thought it was too big to be a leech LOL damn!

Anyway I have ordered another globe and going to create a leech ecosphere lol

Do you have a pic?

I'm still amazed as to what they are sustaining themselves on in those tanks?

I'm still amazed as to what they are sustaining themselves on in those tanks?
I have a feeling its the snails, as there are 2-3 hundred snails in there! And I noticed 3-4 of the very large Rabbit snails passed also in the last 3-4 months, I have a feeling they might have been going after those, I moved the Rabbit snails to my 90cm tank now, to give them a chance.

I will try to make a little video!

Did anyone mention tinfoil as a tapping mechanism for leeches?

I seem to remember as a child pottering about in small rivers and lakes that if there was any kind of foil wrappers in the water they'd generally be covered in leeches.

The planaria traps work great for planaria, though unless they're in a shrimp tank I generally leave them be now as they make pretty short work of any unseen deaths in the tank which helps minimise ammonia spikes - nature doing it's thing, though I'm not sure how effective they'd be for leeches.

Darrel just tagged this post, and remember to put an update, the leeches are still there, but I only seem to spot 1-2 once in a while which I get the tweezers and pull them out (two yesterday).

Back