• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What can you grow with two T8s?

I'm moving in with the OH's parents (I know, nightmare) and will be deciding on just one tank to have set up due to space. My current tanks are just to practice growing plants really so they'll be going.

I'm looking at something like a 60x 30 x 36 rimless from TGM or Aqua essentials with a twin t8 luminaire. Will this be suitable for a wide enough variety of plants? I'm feeling low tech for a more permanent, long term display. I'm not bothered growing anything too fancy, but don't want to be stuck with just anubias and vals.

A lot of people have grown hc and other such "highlight " plants with 2x t8's, they however have used pressurised co2. There's a noticeable trend back towards t8's from the eu, people citing a more even par spread and more manageable light levels so good luck, you're onto a winner.

I've got 2 x 38W T8s over my 2'6" deep low tech tank.
I'm doing alright so far with Vallis, crypts, amazon swords, wisteria and dwarf hair grass. Nothing particularly exotic, so may not suit you, and growth is slow, but progress is definitely being made.

A small amount of EasyCarbo and NPK + trace but I keep forgetting to do it so I'm only adding it once every 3 or 4 days.
Not planning on using Presurised or EI. (See signature ;) )

The crypts and swords have grown about 2" in about a month and the grass is doing ok too. (Not sure about the growth on the wisteria and Vallis yet.)

Have been following your thread, it's looking much better now.

So desperate to start a new one now but need to wait :mad:

There's a new up date in the wings. I'm just waiting for some fish to stop being camera (and everything else) shy so I can get some decent photos.
The crypts and swords are now actually looking pretty healthy. Even without CO2.

Back