• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What dry ferts to use with ferropol?

Ajm200

I'm currently using TPN+ but it isn't going to last long. My CO2 set came with two bottles of Ferropol. What dry ferts would I need to add to it to make it 'complete' like TPN+ as it doesn't contain phosphates and nitrates.

Will eventually go over to using dry ferts but am too skint at the moment so was going to use up what I have first.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm still trying to get to grips with the use of dry ferts. It all seemed very complicated when I read about it although I imagine it is simple in practice.

Yes, but your reasoning is upside down. Using dry powders for the price of a Ferropol, I can make 100 bottles of equivalent, so why would you wait to save money? Ferropol is nothing but trace element mix and supposedly a bit of potassium. Big deal. Plants don't use very much trace, but the stuff that they do use in massive quantities isn't contained in Ferropol. So now you would need to buy Potassium Nitrate (KNO3) and Potassium Phosphate (KH2PO4) which has potassium anyway. Check page 2 of this thread. Anne had exactly the same trepidation as you do now, as most people do with something unknown. A few weeks later you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about. => viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6331&start=10

Cheers,

Not trepidation. Just lack of cash. The ferropol was free and I have it here. Don't have the cash to buy all dry ferts at once right now but fully intend to get them in a few weeks. Thought maybe I could start with the ones to supplement the ferropol and buy the rest later.

I'll get powders you've suggested and a cheap set of scales from eBay. I'll get the others later. Definately want a cheap option as I'll be dosing tanks totalling over 600l each day. Just can't afford to do that with off the shelf products.

Back