• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What ferts and what additives?

rudirudi

Hi
I will shortly be setting up a six foot tank,it will have co2,halide lighting,I have little knowledge of adding ferts and wondered what other people used,how often is it added and do you add additional compounds ?

Cheers
Rudi

Hi Rudi,
six foot, id definitely be looking at ei (estimative index), theres a great tutorial section written by Clive (Ceg4048) detailing this method with all youll need to know. Its a long read but very detailed. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1211
Cheerio,
Ady.

Hi Ady
I have looked at EI,I will be using RO water(I will be keeping Discus)I did not fancy doing a
50g weekly water change with RO.I would like a healthy growth of plants,(my substrate will be Jonh Innes no3 or pond compost covered with Caribsea black sand)So I would just like to know what other people would reccommend,how often they use it,I have looked at some websites which supply ferts and other compounds,and wondered if the liquid fert is enough,or is there any advantage to adding extra compounds.

Cheers

Rudi

Back