• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what ferts for a possible new tank?

Ben M

hi, i might get a new 12" acrylic cube soon, and i am wondering which ferts i should use. in my main tank i am going to start EI soon, but is it worth doing that in such a small tank, or should i just use TPN+? i'm not sure what my lighting would be yet, so i don't think it is possible to work out the dosing yet, but the tank is 27l, so could i just use about a 10th of what i'm going to use for my 216l tank? also, is it worth dosing liquid carbon? if so, which would be the best? i intend to grow mosses, dwarf hairgrass and possibly a few small stems.

cheers :D

pest control said:
hi, i might get a new 12" acrylic cube soon, and i am wondering which ferts i should use. in my main tank i am going to start EI soon, but is it worth doing that in such a small tank, or should i just use TPN+? i'm not sure what my lighting would be yet, so i don't think it is possible to work out the dosing yet, but the tank is 27l, so could i just use about a 10th of what i'm going to use for my 216l tank? also, is it worth dosing liquid carbon? if so, which would be the best? i intend to grow mosses, dwarf hairgrass and possibly a few small stems.

cheers :D

Hi Pest Control

Considering your tank will be small it would be advisable to buy some ready made fertz like TPN+ or similar, as for the liquid carbon - it is worth dosing - I use Easy carbo on my 25 ltr tank or there is Seachem Excel, the choice is up to you.

Regards
Paul

thanks, i was thinking that it'd be a lot easier to use TPN+ than the EI. i'll use the liquid carbon, as it will last ages in a tank that size. i'll compare prices to see which is the best. :thumbup:

cheers for the help :thumbup:

Back