• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what ferts to use?

MrLarner

im a newbie to planted tanks, but have recently set up a planted tank.
its only a 60 litre tank, i have T5 lighting and c02 and have recently put some plants in, including hemianthus (carpet)
and echinodorus to get me started and wondered....
whats a good plant food (fertiliser) to use?
im looking on ebay now and there is so many to chose from.
HELP!!!!

Hi, I would probably use an all in one fertiliser such as TPN+ or the cheaper option would be to get a set of dry salts and make your own and EI dose. You can get an EI dosing starter kit from here:
http://Www.aquariumplantfood.co.uk as well as an all in one mix which you just add water to.
Hope this helps

the EI starter kit looks perfect, but if i bought that for £18, would there be anything else i'll need? or is that everything i need to get me going?

MrLarner said:
the EI starter kit looks perfect, but if i bought that for £18, would there be anything else i'll need? or is that everything i need to get me going?

Everything in that pack will be what you need nd it will last ages mate

Hi all im looking into changing over to EI from ready mixed seachem florish etc,

Will a good EI starter kit have everything i need? also can anyone recomend a good one for me, and the amounts i would have to dose,

Thanks for help in advance im learning so much on here day by day!!!!!!!!

My tanks is...

22uk gallons
2x 18W plant tubes
DIY C02 setup
sand substrate using seachem plant tabs

Hi, yes an EI starter kit will have all you need. You will get all of your dry salts and two dosing bottles. Aquarium Plant Food are your best bet. I think it is about £18 which is an absolute bargain for what you get included. The replacement salts are cheap too when you run out. Hope this helps

Back