• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What is this plant? (First post)

Matt Havens

Firstly, I would like to say hello to everyone as this will be my first post. I recently attended an aquascaping demonstration by the well known George Farmer who created a fantastic 200L aquascape which I took a great pleasure in watching it be created.

During the filling of the tank George took time to answer some questions and I asked him if he could ID this same plant as posted today. Unfortunately I did not have a good enough picture. He did suggest to post some pics on here hence my post.

I have also noticed in the last couple of days what looks to be shoots from just below the leaves themselves? New shoots from the base of the plant every couple of days happened before but now there is also new leaves branching off the side of the large existing leaves. Could I take them as off cuts and re-plant?

svCaNj.jpg

X2RS8l.jpg

Last edited:
I believe the plant is nymphoides taiwan. Google it on images to see if it fits what you see in your tank.

I also think that is exactly how this plant propagates although i have no experience with it.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Sk3lly it is nymphoides taiwan, im going to have a go at propagating it. Thank you.

Back