• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What light do I need?

Hi all,

In the event that the built in light on my superfish home 25 aquarium is not bright enough to grow Monte Carlo, I might try and remove the hood and buy a brighter light.

Can anyone make any recommendations that would be bright enough to carpet Monte Carlo nicely in this tank? Dimensions of the tank itself are approximately 45x35x22.5 LxWxH. I'd like to keep costs down as much as possible as well £30-40 would be ideal.

Many thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris
Why don't you try and grow the Monte Carlo carpet, with the DSM method.... in the tank!
Or use a small window sill propagator, to increase the yield and replant into the aquarium.
Have a look below!
https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/andys-hc-propagator-step-by-step.28930/
hoggie

Hi Hoggie,

This is brilliant! Funnily enough my tank is sat on my bedroom desk, not far from my bedroom windows - I wonder if the spill of light from outside will be enough to "boost" the amount of light in the tank if I have my curtains open all the way?

Will the Chihoros A-Series Plus (A401) be suitable? It's rated at 40W which is way higher than the light I currently have, but it has a dimmer so I can dial it down.

Lighting confuses the hell out of me so I don't want to go the other way and get something TOO powerful.

Back