• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what plants and what fertilisers do I need?

ukapstt77

Hey guys I have a 12g tank with a 11w light and sand substrate.What plants can I get? Ive done a bit of reading and discovered ill do best with mosses etc.What fertiliser should I use? I read a few threads about rootmedic tablets, are they still available? I think I read that they do a sand versionThanks for your time and expertise.

:D

Get whatever you want. Some red stem plants will be tricky. Otherwise the worlds your oyster .

Hi
Rootmedic tablets I believe are no longer available. Our sponsors sell root tabs too which are great but depends on which plants your adding to the sand. Plants can feed from the water too.
Regarding plants etc you could use any of the mosses/anubias/ferns and maybe a nice easy carpet plant like tennelus or marsilea.
Fertiliser you can buy from any of the sponsors. If your going low tech ie no co2 etc then you only need to dose little amounts.

tnc substrate plugs are a good choice.

Slap in some tropica specialized for good measure.

I would go for any plant available to me but if you are a beginner then easy plants would be best....fertilisers I would go for estimative index....

+1 for IE ferts, I bought some from tnc. They have an online calculator to work out how much you need which is really easy to use. Also mixing your own or adding dry ferts is significantly cheaper than shop bought liquid ferts.

Back