• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What shrimp(s) do you keep?

logi-cat

Hi, I was wondering what shrimp(s) do people keep or want to keep in their aquarium. At the moment i have an Amano shrimp, 8 Cherry Red shrimp and 9 Crystal red Shrimps.

As of yesterday, job lots. Had a delivery I ordered ages ago primarily for my nano but that's turned into a shrimp killer so they've all gone in my main tank. Not ideal as lots of potential undesirable cross breeding:

Neocaridina
unknown (large) number of red cherries ranging from decent cherry grade up to taiwan painted fire red
10 blue pearls

Caridina
About 15 CRS (mostly B grade but 3 or 4 S grade)
5-10 CBS, half A and some S and SS
9 fairly high grade golden bees
3 snow bees

Paracaridina
4 blue bees
1 quite stunning black bee, a princess bee I think

I never like to keep golden bees and snow bees in the same tank as CBS and CRS as they cross breed. Eventually you will get high grades pattern shrimp with the cross breeding but the white patch will never be solid and it always comes with a tinge of orange. I much prefer CRS and CBS to be on their own and selectively breed it for higher grade.

Hi all,
I have a couple of Amano Shrimp in my tank but thinking about adding some more, was thinking of some more Amanos or Tiger shrimp. The Crystal Red Shrimp are really cool and nicely coloured I like them!

Hopefully mine will breed like rabbits from now on since the first batch has finally hatch. Can't wait till I selectively breed them to get solid white and red.

i'm still waiting for my shrimps to breed. Crystal Red shrimps are still too small, but my cherry Red Shrimps look mature and more vibrant in colour. Hopefully i won't have to wait too long.

I have crs, brs, and sakuras. Would love to keep pearl blue, but a deep pearl blue colour...

Cherry shrimp - hundreds
Sakura - tens
Crystals - 8
Amano - 4

I have approx 2000 RCS,
30 CRS B-S Grade,
20 CBS C-B Grade,
Amano,
Neocaridina Var Yellow
Neocaridina Var Orange
Taiwan Blue Tigers

Expecting delivery of my first 5 x Red RILI shrimp tomorrow.

chrisjj said:
Cherry shrimp - hundreds
Sakura - tens
Crystals - 8
Amano - 4

Chris
Do you have any pix of your "Sakura"...I sold an LFS ooop Norf 200 Cherries at 40p each last year and they had them up for a fiver each as SAKURA...!!!

Herewith a pic of my Cherries....
IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

That looks like a sakura....

chrisjj said:
That looks like a sakura....

Its just a bog standard RCS. Admittedly after 3 years of very hard selectively breeding to produce this deep Red.

Not sure that the freshwater SAKURA is a separate species or just a term for a higher grade Cherry - Sakura being Japanese for Cherry - the Sakura shrimp is actually a Marine species...!!!! What insences me however is thoes whom seek to profiteer from others whom are less informed. I badge mine as RCS and nothing else, selling at 50p each....!!!!

easerthegeezer said:
These arent my shrimp but thought they deserve a wider audience :lol: (someone else had asked to repost and they were ok with it...

Currently just have RCS and amano

Wish i could afford these.. or have the skills to keep them alive!

Stunning shrimp indeed and stunning photography to match.

Additionally to the existing CRS S, SS, SSS, SSSS, CBS S, SS, SSS, SSSS and Black tiger today we've got another beauty. Taiwan Bees. The photos are not the best now and they are only here from today, but i thought i share them.

Bentleys in the house :D

6149788999_e76a143488_z.jpg

6149790499_4aa2c7cec2_z.jpg

6149789735_df6b5c3da3_z.jpg

6150338828_2477c605fd_z.jpg

BTW just found this photo on one of our memory card. CBS B. We had a bit more time here to shoot the image.

6150337954_8a0e8ef667_z.jpg

Back