• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

whats the most stupid thing youve done this week?

Joined
10 Jun 2007
Messages
961
Location
Dorset, UK
mine is....

I weighed out my 1.66 grams of KSO4 into a container lid.. then instead of chucking the contents of the lid in, I chucked the entire pot in instead!!!!!

I should dose in the morning when Im more with it!!
 

Azaezl

Member
Joined
4 Nov 2007
Messages
145
Location
cambridgeshire
I somehow managed to throw away 10 very healthy large H.Polysperma plants without realising. They were in the tank before I re-scaped it, I took all the plants out put them on some wet newspaper, I don't remember putting them back in and they aren't in any of the tanks so I must have chucked them.

Non fish / plant related - we've been having trouble with our boiler and had 3 men come out today(good thing we have that home care insurance thing) and we we're told they may have to go in the loft, so of course my husband got the step ladder out ready but left it flat on the floor. Whilst running to get to my toddler to get her on the toilet(we're in the middle of toilet training) I ran right into the ladder, nearly took the nail off my little toe, very bloody and hurts alot. You think I would have learnt my lesson, nope.... 2 hours later I did virtually the same thing but with the opposite leg and I now have a large bruise as well :rolleyes: One good thing is I had my husband waiting on me out of guilt and i spent the rest of the afternoon slobbed out on the sofa with the laptop, him brinking me hot chocolate whenever I wanted and nursing my poor leg / foot :lol:
 

Steve Smith

Member
Joined
19 Jul 2007
Messages
4,417
Location
Wellesbourne, UK.
Matt Holbrook-Bull said:
I weighed out my 1.66 grams of KSO4 into a container lid.. then instead of chucking the contents of the lid in, I chucked the entire pot in instead!!!!!

Haha! I take it lots of water changes then Matt? I assume its not too bad for the fish/plants?

Azaezl said:
Whilst running to get to my toddler to get her on the toilet(we're in the middle of toilet training) I ran right into the ladder, nearly took the nail off my little toe, very bloody and hurts alot.

Hope the foot/leg gets better! I'd imagine having your toddler in your arms you had to just grin and bare it :(

Superman said:
Starting to scape my aquarium at 7pm and finishing at 2am.

Clark, the scape looks great so well worth it :)

I've not had anything major happen this week thankfully (still time yet though!) Last year/year before however I had a small accident when re-filling a small tank on my desk after a water change. I had the hose pipe in there, filling away, and I'm sitting right next to it, browsing TFF (before UKAPS!) Of course, I'm engrossed in the planted forums reading away and suddenly notice a splashing sound. Needless to say thats probably the quickest I've moved in some time :lol:

"Save the computer!!" :eek:
 

Azaezl

Member
Joined
4 Nov 2007
Messages
145
Location
cambridgeshire
SteveUK said:
Hope the foot/leg gets better! I'd imagine having your toddler in your arms you had to just grin and bare it :(

Thanks :) No I didn't have hold of her, I was running to get to her to pull her pants down, she hasn't quite realised that you need to pull them down before sitting on the toilet(my washing machine has been on constantly :rolleyes: ) I didn't grin and bare it though, I came out with a string of rude words whilst hopping the rest of the way :oops: :lol:
 

Martin

Member
Joined
28 Dec 2007
Messages
123
Location
North Wales
Azaezl said:
SteveUK said:
Hope the foot/leg gets better! I'd imagine having your toddler in your arms you had to just grin and bare it :(

Thanks :) No I didn't have hold of her, I was running to get to her to pull her pants down, she hasn't quite realised that you need to pull them down before sitting on the toilet(my washing machine has been on constantly :rolleyes: ) I didn't grin and bare it though, I came out with a string of rude words whilst hopping the rest of the way :oops: :lol:
What a "pottymouth", (literally). Persevere with the toilet training, we've been through that recently with our 4yr old! :D
 

Matt Holbrook-Bull

Founder
Thread starter
Joined
10 Jun 2007
Messages
961
Location
Dorset, UK
I got to mine quickly by turning off the filters.. and syphoning it out quick.. kso4 is ok tho, its pretty inert. just my inverts Im worried about really.. they seem ok today tho. what a stupid thing to do!!!
 

Azaezl

Member
Joined
4 Nov 2007
Messages
145
Location
cambridgeshire
Martin said:
What a "pottymouth", (literally). Persevere with the toilet training, we've been through that recently with our 4yr old! :D

:lol: pottymouth...:lol: you should see me when I'm playing video games, far from lady like :p

She's picked the toilet training up very quickly, she's had alot of bowel / eating problems lately(we're up at the hospital to see the paediatrician in may) which were stopping her from starting. Now she's more or less better she has control over her body and she decided last week that she didn't want nappies anymore and has had very few accidents, she's started waking us up during the night to go to the toilet as well now. If we can just master the art of removing pants before sitting down then we are set :lol:
 

Similar threads

Top