• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What's this then?

Henry

So! I've just been to Pets At Home for some new litter (grew bored of the cat s****ing on the rug) and discovered that they have a few new lines for sale. One in particular caught my attention, being the moler clay advocate that I am: £3.50 for 10L of non-clumping, non-scented, clay cat litter. I was intrigued, so I bought some.

Thar she blows:
DSC_0291_zpsetw1nlw7.jpg

I was expecting to open the bag to find the good ol' orange grit that is moler clay, but to my surprise I found a white and brown substance.

Yarrrgh!:
DSC_0289_zpslu2kqd5j.jpg

Having checked the bag, there is no indication of what it actually is. I'm thinking along the lines of baked bentonite, but I've no way of knowing. I don't have the means to check if it effects pH.

Any geologists out there who can shed some light? Perhaps we have a scent-free and readily available alternative to Tesco cat litter?

It doesn't. Apart from the colour, it's exactly the same as moler clay. When in water, it has a slightly mineraly smell about it, which might suggest it will raise hardness.

Disclaimer: I've just got home from the pub.

Back