• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What's wrong with this plant...?

JAX3000

Hi,

Please can somebody tell me what's wrong with this plant?

(Good lighting, ei ferts, injected co2.)

Many thanks...
480eb4cf66b6cc343c692ce126ac8578.jpg

It seems some kind of algae. You have a good water flow on this plant? I think your problem is little CO2 or nutrients to you current light level. Try to increase CO2 or dose more as well lowering the light. Your plants will tell you if you're the right way.

Last edited:
Hi
As Martin has stated..... looks like your plant is going through the transitional stage from emersed to underwater life....there is nice new green growth coming through on the crown!
Remove the decaying leaves from the stem...it make look a tad bare but this will encourage new leaf growth!
The plant will be using a lot of energy trying to keep those old emersed leaves alive so best remove most of the decaying ones!
Cheers
hoggie

Thanks guys.

It's not in the best position for flow. Think of the whole tank as a whirlpool and this is in the centre and yes I believe there is algae on those leaves...

But, the plant has only been in a couple of weeks, it almost immediately started showing signs of trouble and the new leaves are bursting through and looking good and perhaps that algae is only taking advantage of dying leaves, so I'm hoping it is just going through it's transition. I will remove the bad leaves.

Thanks for the advice.

Will the plant grow whole new stems eventually, or just grow up from where it is, cause it'll look awful....?

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

It's not in the best position for flow. Think of the whole tank as a whirlpool and this is in the centre and yes I believe there is algae on those leaves...

But, the plant has only been in a couple of weeks, it almost immediately started showing signs of trouble and the new leaves are bursting through and looking good and perhaps that algae is only taking advantage of dying leaves, so I'm hoping it is just going through it's transition. I will remove the bad leaves.

Thanks for the advice.

Will the plant grow whole new stems eventually, or just grow up from where it is, cause it'll look awful....?
It will probably put out new leaves or shoots from the old leaf nodes once old leaves trimmed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And after some pretty brutal snipping last night...

I actually saw lots and lots of bright green little "buds" under the old leaves that looked like they can't wait to burst into life, so I think I'm in for some serious re-growth... :)
25e8b66344e643a543c2053e9f234b10.jpg

Back