• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Whats wrong with this tank? Scaping advice welcome!

thanks hoggie will take your advice. this way i wont waste the solution i have just made.

mzm said:
Would be more than happy to receive some planting advice for this tank......

20110919122020.jpg

Some of the plants in there from the top of my head include:

Glosso
Blyxa Japonica
Hygrophila Corymbosa
Java Fern
Cryptocoryne Tropica red
Cryptocoryne Tropica green
Bolbitis struggling with some algae
Proserpinaca palustris
Christmass moss
Flame moss
Eleocharis acicularis

To help with this question, some examples of what you like would be most helpful.

Just link the pics etc.......hard to help someone with scape advice till they focus on a goal.
It can be a picture of some place etc also..........

Hi Tom thank you so much for interest. Well to me it has become a horror to try and scape a corner tank. I love the tank for how it fits into the room it is in however, I find that getting the flow and scaping right is a huge challenge.

I would really like to come up with a scape which ensures that there is enough flow around the tank I would also like to have a nice mix of colour contrasts and one of my wishes has been to have a nice vibrant red plant in the mix. I am not too much of an iwagumi fan since although they are really nice, I fear that I may get bored of this quickly. I have seen some nice mosses and I like them too.

I have tinkered around with getting a lawn effect however to date have not been very successfull when I tried HC and dwarf harigrass. I currently have glosso and it seems to be doing well albeit the BGA I am currently battling.

I currently have 11 Peruvian Scalare which I am chaging with 6 Stendker Alenquer discus next Tuesday so I might also be looking at going biotope although the choice of plants would be restricted with more emphasis on bogwood right?

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Back