• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Whatsagumi?" journal - woody changes

ypeveryh.jpg
photo update - taken with my d1000 :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

right, had a little play with lowering my light intensity as i thought my 24w T5HO about 2inch off the surface was maybe a tad excessive?
took these with same ISO etc for a reasonably accurate comparison.

(edit: bottom shot is full light)

9y4u9amy.jpg
ehu8e3aq.jpg
nezu5uta.jpg

Hi all,

I paid MA a visit at Scotsdale garden centre near Cambridge today and picked up some elocharis acicularis. The guys in there seem pretty good so recommend it to anyone :)

anyway, had a reshuffle and planted the hair grass.

y3uvugaz.jpg

what are we thinking? comments always welcome :)

I've started using TNC carbon which is 2% gluteraldehyde, and the recommend dose is 1.5ml per 50l which is roughly the capacity of my tank after gravel and wood. how far do you think I could/should push the dose?

Adam

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hi all,

so I'm after a bit of advice regarding pretty much everything i'm doing if I'm honest! which is why i've posted here and not a whole bunch of separate posts.
here goes...

filtration/flow
800lph external canister filter (so probably 400lph?) 1x300lph and 1x250lph powerheads.

light comes from a single 24w T5HO 2inchs from the surface however I have removed reflectors and blocked a fair amount of light. lights on for 4 hours.

I'm currently dosing 2 times weekly 1/8tsp KNO3, 1/16tsp KH2PO4 and 1/16tsp trace.

carbon is now provided by 4ml of TNCcarbon everyday just before lights on.

50% water change weekly.

I'm curious to see what people make of what im doing, is there anything that I could do differently or not at all or something I'm not that I could?!
Its good to know what others think :)

Hey, they are pretty good on Scotsdales, great fauna and marine knowledge but sadly plant info isn't so good.
Your processes look ok, personally I find 4 hours light hours too short and impossibly slow, 5 upwards seems to benefit the plants more. Also wprth spreading your ferts onto alternate days macro/micro through the whole week.

Looking good though :)

Thanks Iain,

I shall up the light period slowly over the next couple of weeks and see what happens :) things do seem rraaaaaattheeeeer teeediiiiious at the mo.

Adam

Hi all,

whilst doing some maintenance I discovered one of my pieces of wood has become very soft. I have also noticed bba growing on this wood but not on the other piece or anywhere else. all this leads me to believe its rotting very quickly!
so I have aquired some of the tried and tested mopani. its 2 pieces so ive attached some possible configurations.
6yta2yvu.jpg
use2a7yr.jpg
e6uqeraq.jpg
7u6evena.jpg

any thoughts?!

oh and ignore the nappy cake in the background thats not going in the tank lol

cock it! :mad:
lost some shrimp over the weekend which I think was down to large overdosing of LC.
for some reason I thought the TNCcarbon was 1.5 ml daily so I was double dosing give or take - when actually it was 1ml daily.
balls! i've been 3-4x overdosing! cant see any other reason as my routine hasn't changed!

Back