• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

When someone loves a scape - and we kind of mimic that

viktorlantos

Aquascaper
Cheers to all. I had thinked about to open up a thread, but as so many other, things this maybe helpful for others or could be inspirational to some.

Sometimes we build custom tanks to our clients. There are cases when a client knows exactly what he need. The good thing is that if he also has the budget to do a similar one :)

Last year we got a request to build a similar tank than the 2012 IAPLC rank 14 tank. That's what happens when you show the top works to your clients they wants the grand champion work immediatelly :) The client loved the stones the wood piece there and the open area.
My IAPLC 2012 tank, rank #14 - Reaching

When we put together most of the things, the client changed a few one here and there. So the result was a bit different but still has things from the original layout.

When we finished this up the client started to maintain it. We gave advices, but he managed to grow it pretty nicely in the past 9 months.

The tank is running on ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia and substrate additives, ADA fertilizer line (K and step 2), sometime Easy Carbo or additional Phosphate. The fertilizers are dosed with a GHL dosing computer. The tank has a 4x54W ATI dimmer unit. 2 x Eheim 2075 external filtration packed with bio filtration and purigen. Pressurized CO2.

Last week i got a call if i could help to capture the tank. So i did today. Here you can see some shots and a quick vid what i did. One of the great moments when you see a perfect tank from someone who only hear and use your advices.

Enjoy guys :)

8701153479_aa00c22f80_b.jpg
Client Project by viktorlantos, on Flickr

8702274614_664a46d689_b.jpg

8701142479_9b252f209c_b.jpg

8701150201_95f9d37595_b.jpg

8702271252_dd30b9b35f_b.jpg

8702267346_bf539fcd35_b.jpg

8701145705_0af7b90bdb_b.jpg

8701146855_da2b7ff083_b.jpg

Stunning tank and a marvellous trim job on plants (your client work?).
Congratulations to you and your client.
Very healthy and lovely greens.

Pedro.

Yup he did it. :) I had a moment there when i thought this tank should be in our gallery :D

Yup he did it. :) I had a moment there when i thought this tank should be in our gallery :D

Can't imagine why :)
That's a great aquascaper and a great student of yours. He is using the "force", luke :D

Victor that is amazing tank! The plants are extremely healthy and the video with this music....mind blowing!

What advice did you give your client on how to maintain this scape? Whatever you said it turned out amazing congrats all round! :)

that is a great scape can i ask on the second picture there is a fern like plant what is its name please

yep thats the one Pogostemon helferi cheers for that think im of to green machine

wow the tank is amazing viktor :clap: absolutely stunning

Dean

Back